+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Serial Killers

Serial Killers

A subject that really fascinates me.

I’ve been watching a series called “The Golden State serial Killer - It’s not over” on Discovery Channel I think it was.

Unsolved cases from the 70’s and 80’s in which they went over all the old evidence.

Watch it in catch up if you haven’t seen it.

Just as the series ended they actually finally apprehended this phantom who is now 72 years old and has gone around 35 years without further offending by all accounts.

Over a 50 rapes and murders and then goes back to a normal life.

The Zodiac killer also intrigued me,another one that was never caught.

America does seem prolific for serial killers.....makes Peter Sutcliffe look like an amateur.

I must have a macabre streak too as serial killers fascinate me too. I recommend you look up a bloke called pee wee gaskins who kidnapped tortured and raped his victims on the main road to Florida ,also Jeffrey Dharmer a home***ual ( could have done with him for those taxi drivers) who would pick up his victims in bars , take them back to his apartment kill them and burn them in Acid .

Most of the bad ones came from Yorkshire.

We had lived 500 yards from the Black Panther’s first murder in Harrogate.

His next one was in Langley Green.

We then had the Yorkshire Ripper.

The photofit of the Panther was a dead ringer for my dad and the fact that murders were taking place in our home town and also Langley Green had his mates taking the piss.

He started to let his black stubble grow until the Ripper’s photofit came out :-))

The police were convinced the Panther was a Black Country man. Me and my dad worked at Thompsons at the time, and one morning the police were checking the cars and questioning the workers, including us.
    It was the only time i saw wanted posters up in pubs, but the photo fit looked nothing like him.

I remember the photofit for Raymond Morris the Cannock Chase murderer....it was on a board outside our local neighbourhood police station at Hob Green,Stourbridge.

The board was right next to a small wooded area I had to walk through to get home!

Even now getting on for 50 years later I still think of that photofit when I walk through that path.

Episodes from childhood certainly seem to stick with you.

Surely Dr Shipman must feature somewhere? Britain's greatest living executioner......subject to the findings of the investigation at Gosport of course!
    My trust in doctors is evaporating faster than my trust in the chinaman to open his wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The police were convinced the Panther was a Black Country man. Me and my dad worked at Thompsons at the time, and one morning the police were checking the cars and questioning the workers, including us.
    It was the only time i saw wanted posters up in pubs, but the photo fit looked nothing like him.
    My old man had the police turn up at work and ask to see him. At the time he was involved with a football team and one of the players was under suspicion as he looked just like the Black Panther. The BP was rumoured to have been hiding out down by the Freightliners Depot in Dudley if I remember rightly. My old mans jaw hit the floor when they showed him the picture of the BP, it was a dead ringer for his footballing colleague. He said it was hard to argue the case as the likeness was shockingly similar, but he said this guy was the nicest, honest fella you could wish to meet so there's no way it could be him.

If you saw my dad at the time Minn he was the spit of the Black Panther.

His first murder was of a Post Master called Donald Skepper at New Park,Harrogate around 1974,I went to the school opposite before we left Harrogate and our house was 500 yards away.

It was spooky when he then did the guard at the Dudley freightliner depot and the the Post Master at Langley Green followed by taking Lesley Whittle from Highley.

As a ****ager in the 70’s and being up in Leeds for training courses for my menswear company in the late 70’s the fear was palpable amongst the nightclub crumpet.

It was a nightmare trying to get a fumble down a back alley in Leeds in that era .......most nights out ended up with a “J Arthur Rank” back at The Faversham or Red Lion Hotel ( dives! ) in Leeds where us trainees were holed up.

Those were the days though....young blokes,all the gear and the chat,out on the lash in a “foreign” city,17-19 years of age feeling like we owned the place.

I remember my old man telling me it’d be over in a flash and thinking he was talking b o l l o x and here we are 40 years later.

He told me I’d be old like him one day but feel the same inside as I did when I was young and he ain’t wrong.

Never thought I’d need haemorrhoid cream!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)