+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well done Englanf

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Aye! No wonder he's called Acido not Alkalino! Haha.
    I think all of us are trying to temper our hopes and excitement England wise.
    Inwardly we want them to succeed but outwardly dare not try to play it up.
    I hope you're right. Over the years and I don't know why but English folk love to put a downer on England. I know some of the performances over the years haven't been great but they are our team. Would be nice to see some of the haters come out and get behind England or will they be cheering on Brazil and Germany because they have a Manchester or Chelsea syndrome! We shouldn't forget where we come from. I'm from Derby in England and proud of it!

Oh sorry 1 other thing. I look at this team, and I see similarities with England 1996. Both have the 1 outstanding striker captain.
    Midfield is reasonable. Defensively slightly weaker but I think Pickford is better than Semen (pun intended).

I see us going maybe semis. I dunno the permutations but the 1 team we should avoid is Russia. It's gonna be bad for any travelling English fan if this match occurs, whatever the outcome.
    I thought Bobby Moore, a defender, was skipper in '66.

No we are actually tied I believe. We have 8 F 2 A. Same as Belgium.
    No we are actually top on Fair Play. Just the 2 yellow cards to their 3. That might change on Thursday when we play Belgium........ A draw on Thursday and we get one more card in the game than they do and they will draw lots to see who wins the group...... A tad archaic isn't it?

As to who we get in the last 16, Poland are out. I can't believe they were as poor as they have been. Of the other 3, we ought to beat any of them so, although it would be great to keep the winning streak going (winning is a good habit to have) we should have no worries about who we get in the last 16. Last 8? That's a whole new story, whoever we get it won't be a walkover. The 1/4's IMO is when the World Cup gets properly serious.

I was talking Euro 96. Shearer and Kane. Different tourney yes. But I think the similar things are there for advancement. A more all round less individual minded team. Not to big on stars apart from Kane.

I was talking Euro 96. Shearer and Kane. Different tourney yes. But I think the similar things are there for advancement. A more all round less individual minded team. Not to big on stars apart from Kane.
    Yes you were. My bad. For some reason I read 1966....... ho hum.

Was a toss used for our WC group in 1990? I think Egypt were the losers them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)