+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The George Hirst Fiasco....

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    United's academy has been great over that time, Wednesday's not so much but we seem to have solved a lot of problems in that area now.
    That’s a ferking hilarious claim to make,especially coming on the thread pointing out how you have cocked up over one of your Academy players,along with your other claims tonight,I can only presume you are inebriated and that’s the reason you are coming out with such *******s,

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    That’s a ferking hilarious claim to make,especially coming on the thread pointing out how you have cocked up over one of your Academy players,along with your other claims tonight,I can only presume you are inebriated and that’s the reason you are coming out with such *******s,
    I thought that as well Blocky. I blamed the North Yorkshire summer sun and the alcohol on my interpretation but now you cone to mention it, owd Aussie’s talking absolute bull****.

Block/Gray

Block, a lot of your posts regarding Wednesday are assumptions but that's OK.

Wildsmith
    Dawson
    Thorniley
    Clare
    Borukov
    Hughes
    Lee
    Brennan
    Clarke
    West
    Waldock
    Nielsen
    & I’m sure others

All of which have either signed new contracts, some professional, played for the first team, represented their country, look really promising, won the U/23’s, just missed winning it again, plus other stuff I can’t remember.

That in my view is considered to be solving problems at that level….academy coach head hunted by Man City also suggests some things are improving, I think my comment is fair that we seem to have solved a lot of problems now.

Our performances at youth levels are much higher than they have been for years, that’s not an opinion, just fact, more young players have played first team football than in years, again fact, not opinion, more are signing pro contracts than for years, fact, not opinion….so again, yeah, I think my comment holds up.

Also can’t recall saying the club has cocked up over George Hirst…..just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Where's the conjecture in what I've said? One player not being allowed to play yet another player in the same circumstances is. That actually happened. Your own manager confirmed he wasn't allowed to pick Hirst.
    The conjecture is - that he was treat like a leper, we don't know what brought on his exile, personally I doubt it was as simple as not signing a contract – that Chansiri saw pound signs & wanted to make an example of him - Clare & Hirst totally different scenarios & not the same circumstances, based on what's been said - so a lot of surmising as to what has actually happened, I don’t blame you for that really as it’s pretty much all most of us can do until we know the facts…we don’t know the facts, only thing we do actually know is what Chansiri has said about it, what he said makes sense at this stage, it could all be bollox but until the Hirsts give their side.

Some facts we do know - George was offered a very good contract - he refused to sign it - he wasn't allowed to play for the first team. Pretty much all the rest is just guess work...hope one day we will know but I doubt it 'all' will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Great player was Cec, may he rest in peace.....not as good as our Mel though was he.
    Leave the tinnies alone for an hour Aussie,there is absolutely no comparison between the singer and SIR LEN.It's so obvious that even BennyBlock knows SIR LEN was way better.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Leave the tinnies alone for an hour Aussie,there is absolutely no comparison between the singer and SIR LEN.It's so obvious that even BennyBlock knows SIR LEN was way better.UTCB
    Don't drink hardly at all now rodders but, after a week or so back on Bladesmad I might rush out & buy a carton or two..

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I thought that as well Blocky. I blamed the North Yorkshire summer sun and the alcohol on my interpretation but now you cone to mention it, owd Aussie’s talking absolute bull****.
    He’s on a par with the Fake Doc,he just doesn’t tell ridiculous lies like Doc does,fingers in the ears,la la la it’s not a cock up,la la la PIgs are wonderful la la la Academy is working.

And surprise surprise the Pig thinks a Pig player is better than a United star,well he would wouldn’t he

He’s on a par with the Fake Doc,he just doesn’t tell ridiculous lies like Doc does,fingers in the ears,la la la it’s not a cock up,la la la PIgs are wonderful la la la Academy is working.

And surprise surprise the Pig thinks a Pig player is better than a United star,well he would wouldn’t he
    Next time ya see Ronaldo have a chat wi him abart how he thinks how the 2 academies are doin lately Blocky.UTCB

JJ we had Hirst as a youngster at the academy if he had been any good maybe we should have kept him and signed him up, or maybe his dad wanted him away for the wendys

That's more like it....NOW I feel like I'm back, classic Block....love it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast