+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The George Hirst Fiasco....

Amazing isn’t it that we didn’t have this problem with David Brooks,who was the real star of the Toulon tournament not Hirst,Hirst obviously saw that even if he did sign a contract he wouldn’t be given a chance at the Arrogants and farmed out to another club.

Now the Arrogants are saddled with a duds like Rhodes and Fletcher on sky high wages and have never given a chance to a young prospect,ferking comedy at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Whoever told thi that about Nilsson rodders knows what he's on about, listen & ye shall learn mi owd...
    Seen both players and both were great but Sir Len light years ahead of Nilssen.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Whoever told thi that about Nilsson rodders knows what he's on about, listen & ye shall learn mi owd...
    You should stick to your barmpot Flat Earth theories,you clearly know ferk all about full backs

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Seen both players and both were great but Sir Len light years ahead of Nilssen.
    Not just our Len but Cec was great at RB.

As I wrote on another thread, I think Hirst senior never forgave the Wendies for blocking his transfer to Man U when Fergie wanted to buy him (and David wanted to go) and he didn’t want a similar problem for his lad. I suspect (but don’t know) that he wanted a low release clause in any new contract and that was refused.
    Acting in his son’s best interest, as he sees it, the move to Belgium makes sense in that it allows him to play in a competetive league, and move to a PL club with no fear of it being blocked or some ridiculous high fee being slapped on him by Chansiri. A low transfer fee = more scope for higher wages.
    Further, he probably trusts Pearson more than the Wendy training staff in assisting his son’s development.
    All in all, I think Hirsty has done what any parent (and/or agent) should do, in acting in the best interests of his son.

As far as REDDERS comment is concerned - yes, the system does need reform as it appears to always work in favour of the biggest and richest. They shaft the likes of us - but, given the chance, I suspect we would probably do the same to smaller clubs. Sadly, that’s the way it is nowadays.

You can't blame him for leaving.
    If he wants to play competitively and is deliberately not being given a chance because he wouldn't sign a contract that effectively ties him to reserve team football, it's no wonder he's got his agents and advisers on the case.

It's a curious case though, you wonder why he wasn't loaned out last season at League One level, he might be ready for the Championship by now if he was.

It's also no wonder why our academy is so superior, young players know that if they've got some talent, get their heads down and work hard they'll be given a first team contract and a shot at getting in the first team. The number of players that have come through our academy that have made it into the first team rightly or wrongly over the last 20 years has been phenomenal

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    What your club could have done is continue to allow him to play in the u23's irrespective of whether he signed a contract or not and not treat him like a leper. Tuna man saw £££'s and wanted to make an example of him thinking he would cave in and sign because he wanted to play football. It back fired. You just don't do that to players as ultimately they and their agents will take their revenge as they did.

Tunaman and his Advisors weren't even consistent. Clare also refused to sign a new contract but still played for the first team making the Hirsts determined to fck your club up. You deserved all you got which is next to nothing. You have a set of clowns running your club long may it continue
    A lot of conjecture in your comments, we don't really know why George was frozen out, I think there's probably more to it than just him not signing the contract....my gut feeling is that David has had massive negative effect on the whole thing, maybe one day the Hirst camp will give their version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    You should stick to your barmpot Flat Earth theories,you clearly know ferk all about full backs
    Not MY barmpot theory Blockers, here IS a theory though....if Roland had been English he would have played for England...if Len had been Swedish he wouldn't have played for Sweden..............can you block rodders from seeing this comment, I don't know if I could handle another 30 pager....

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Not just our Len but Cec was great at RB.
    Great player was Cec, may he rest in peace.....not as good as our Mel though was he.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post

It's also no wonder why our academy is so superior, young players know that if they've got some talent, get their heads down and work hard they'll be given a first team contract and a shot at getting in the first team. The number of players that have come through our academy that have made it into the first team rightly or wrongly over the last 20 years has been phenomenal
    United's academy has been great over that time, Wednesday's not so much but we seem to have solved a lot of problems in that area now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast