+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The George Hirst Fiasco....

The George Hirst Fiasco....

Well it seems that Wendy have been scuppered by yet another loophole in the Transfer of youth Players......

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...gium-1-9219915......

If accurate it seems Wendy may receive just about £160,000 for their Prodigy.... Funny initially, but could it potentially see the Younger generation of English Talent being lured abroad for a derisory sum....

I think this saga needs looking into and sharpish.

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post
    Well it seems that Wendy have been scuppered by yet another loophole in the Transfer of youth Players......

If accurate it seems Wendy may receive just about £160,000 for their Prodigy.... Funny initially, but could it potentially see the Younger generation of English Talent being lured abroad for a derisory sum....

A possible solution would be not pay £10 million and 50k a week to a yellow bellied flop like Jordan Rhodes,42 k a week to a journeyman striker like Fletcher,and give youth a chance,had he been given a chance,Hirst would most likely have signed a contract,they only have to look at us and Brooks to see how the situation should have been handled.

Just another example from a clueless club on how not to do things

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post

The thick pigs have certainly mis-handled this situation Redders,but it could happen to us in't future. English clubs have been cherry pickin foreign talent for decades aint they? I luv watchin our academy sides but summat needs sortin to stop the BIG clubs just comin and tekin kids from academies such as ours for next to nowt cos it does happen alot,if they want these kids meaningful compo needs payin in my opinion.UTCB

Pearson and Hirst, two of the Pigs all time legends, doing them up like kippers. You couldn't make it up.

I've never seen him play, never seen him kick a ball, never even seen a youtube clip of him

But I wish we'd signed him

The comments on NKT would have been a source of much entertainment

"He's crap anyway, never gonna get a game here"
    "Not good enough for us, so ends up at Bumhole Lane, just like Clarke who's also crap"

"When we sign our new £20 million forwards he'll be pushed even further out, it's best that he signs for a small club and makes his way up the ladder, maybe one day when he's proven he will end up back here"
    Last edited by JJBlade; 25-06-2018 at 03:47 PM.

hehe there comedy gold over there on porktalk its like a two ronnies sketch 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    The thick pigs have certainly mis-handled this situation Redders,but it could happen to us in't future. English clubs have been cherry pickin foreign talent for decades aint they? I luv watchin our academy sides but summat needs sortin to stop the BIG clubs just comin and tekin kids from academies such as ours for next to nowt cos it does happen alot,if they want these kids meaningful compo needs payin in my opinion.UTCB
    Not sure how else the club/Chansiri could have handled it rodders, in the absence of the Hirst side of the story we only have Chansiri's version of it & to me that version makes sense.

George, according to Chansiri, was offered the best contract the club has ever offered a player of his age & standing, he turned it down, now we have the not so clear part where he didn't play, as far as we know a loan deal to another club, possibly Rotherham, was included in the deal....all he had to do was sign the contract...he didn't, so it's on him/them/his dad/agent/advisors.

What were the club supposed to do once the offer was rejected, also, if George wasn't David's son would it have been different, personally I think it would, none of the other young players have had trouble signing their contracts with latest being the lad from Bulgaria, the exception being Sean Clare, who, in spite of Wednesday fans singing "he's one our own" isn't & is from London & may want to move back down there.

When George came to prominence & many were saying how good he is I was excited....the son of a Wednesday legend scoring goals for fun tends to get interest very high, people were saying all sorts of things about him despite having never seen him play, the 'Hirst' factor is very large in all of this....slowly & then very quickly it all went very dark, rumours left right & centre....his dad seems to have had a very negative affect on all this but we don't really know that...my feeling right now is that I can't wait for him to leave, too many bridges have been burnt it seems, I wish him luck but that's it, needs to be over now, we have other very good youngsters at the moment which is a nice change considering how United's academy have performed......would have been good for Hirst junior to smash a few in for us but hey...whatever, it's not happening now.

But surely the whole point of an Academy is to produce young talent and if not nurture them for yourself, help to fund other first team prospects. My point isn't just Aimed at Wendy, as amusing to Us Blades as it is, but the bigger point is, are top Clubs circumventing rules put in place to stop the hoovering up of young talent, knowing full well, all, but a tiny fraction will just slip through the system never to play in any English League side, there is little wonder the National Side suffer, there is talent out there, it just never gets a chance to shine in The English League set up. Surely the quality of our whole League System would benefit by allowing if not insisting, that these young, good players get to play in a Competitive English League, at least up to the age of 23.
    Last edited by redalwaysablade; 26-06-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Not sure how else the club/Chansiri could have handled it rodders, in the absence of the Hirst side of the story we only have Chansiri's version of it & to me that version makes sense.

George, according to Chansiri, was offered the best contract the club has ever offered a player of his age & standing, he turned it down, now we have the not so clear part where he didn't play, as far as we know a loan deal to another club, possibly Rotherham, was included in the deal....all he had to do was sign the contract...he didn't, so it's on him/them/his dad/agent/advisors.

What were the club supposed to do once the offer was rejected, also, if George wasn't David's son would it have been different, personally I think it would, none of the other young players have had trouble signing their contracts with latest being the lad from Bulgaria, the exception being Sean Clare, who, in spite of Wednesday fans singing "he's one our own" isn't & is from London & may want to move back down there.

When George came to prominence & many were saying how good he is I was excited....the son of a Wednesday legend scoring goals for fun tends to get interest very high, people were saying all sorts of things about him despite having never seen him play, the 'Hirst' factor is very large in all of this....slowly & then very quickly it all went very dark, rumours left right & centre....his dad seems to have had a very negative affect on all this but we don't really know that...my feeling right now is that I can't wait for him to leave, too many bridges have been burnt it seems, I wish him luck but that's it, needs to be over now, we have other very good youngsters at the moment which is a nice change considering how United's academy have performed......would have been good for Hirst junior to smash a few in for us but hey...whatever, it's not happening now.
    The loan deal to Rovrum as i heard it was scuppered by your bobbar club,the reason was he was goin nowhere or playin for your lot until young Hirsty had signed a new contract.Pig fans probably sing Clare's one of your own cos of the fact he's an academy player but who in the r8 mind knows what goes on in a pig fans head? I mean someone thinks Nilsson's better than SIR LEN. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    The loan deal to Rovrum as i heard it was scuppered by your bobbar club,the reason was he was goin nowhere or playin for your lot until young Hirsty had signed a new contract.Pig fans probably sing Clare's one of your own cos of the fact he's an academy player but who in the r8 mind knows what goes on in a pig fans head? I mean someone thinks Nilsson's better than SIR LEN
    Whoever told thi that about Nilsson rodders knows what he's on about, listen & ye shall learn mi owd...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast