+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The death of music

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    The big problem with music is that all the good songs have been written. It's just not possible to write any more.
    Untrue. It amazes me that Proper Mannies’ musicians are still managing to create fine music from the same 12 notes, and the same 3-4 chords (including inversions and derivatives) that have been prevalent in western music for millennia.

Exposure is the problem in the pre-packed, ‘celebrity’-led, technology-over-talent age. There’s ****ing heaps of musicians creating superb material out there if you seek it out.

It amazes me that Ocean Colour Scene are so f*cking boring when they use the same notes as everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It amazes me that Ocean Colour Scene are so f*cking boring when they use the same notes as everyone else
    Loved them from 1996-1997.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Untrue. It amazes me that Proper Mannies’ musicians are still managing to create fine music from the same 12 notes, and the same 3-4 chords (including inversions and derivatives) that have been prevalent in western music for millennia.

Exposure is the problem in the pre-packed, ‘celebrity’-led, technology-over-talent age. There’s ****ing heaps of musicians creating superb material out there if you seek it out.
    Totally agree with you. I think there's plenty of great music just now. There was a lull for me early 00s but I'm still impressed by a lot of new music and live performances.

I don't think you have to look that hard, Spotify, radio 6 and BBC Scotland are all great platforms that musicians didn't have before.

Shame are one of the best new bands I've heard for a long time along with Kamasi Washington, the Internet, dream wife, Khruangbin, Protomarytr...

There's also some great pop stuff around. Back during britpop I thought the charts were pish, I'm sure every generation feels that way.

Typcial metal fans though, everything is pish to them in their time warp bubble.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 25-06-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Loved them from 1996-1997..
    Only because Noel Gallacher told you to

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Only because Noel Gallacher told you to
    It was more to do with them playing Alloa.

And Paul Weller telling me to.

And Noel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12