+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On a serious note...well done Notts County. Thank you.

On a serious note...well done Notts County. Thank you.

Sometimes we come across acts of kindness and compassion which never get recognised. My lovely young neice has unfortunately just been diagnosed with breast cancer...in her 30's. She is a massive Notts fan as are her 2 kids. I remember buying her first Notts strip when she was 2 years old...the tartan one which was perfect as we live in Glasgow.
    She has just started her chemotherapy and, to try and cheer up her kids ( and herself) she contacted Notts to see if they would make a fuss of the kids at the Derby friendly which she was taking them to.
    Well, what a magnificent response from Notts. They are going to give them the full hospitality package...meet the teams beforehand, go out in the pitch with them and lunch plus a few surprises.
    I am quite emotional writing this as I am so proud of both my neice and Notts. Notts mean such a lot to me as it is such a strong link to my childhood and upbringing.
    So it is wonderful to see our club go out of it's way to help a young family going through very hard times.
    Thank you Notts County.
    David

Well done Notts and good luck to your niece I hope they all have a wonderful time at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowdave View Post
    Sometimes we come across acts of kindness and compassion which never get recognised. My lovely young neice has unfortunately just been diagnosed with breast cancer...in her 30's. She is a massive Notts fan as are her 2 kids. I remember buying her first Notts strip when she was 2 years old...the tartan one which was perfect as we live in Glasgow.
    She has just started her chemotherapy and, to try and cheer up her kids ( and herself) she contacted Notts to see if they would make a fuss of the kids at the Derby friendly which she was taking them to.
    Well, what a magnificent response from Notts. They are going to give them the full hospitality package...meet the teams beforehand, go out in the pitch with them and lunch plus a few surprises.
    I am quite emotional writing this as I am so proud of both my neice and Notts. Notts mean such a lot to me as it is such a strong link to my childhood and upbringing.
    So it is wonderful to see our club go out of it's way to help a young family going through very hard times.
    Thank you Notts County.
    David
    Well done Notts, well done Dave for giving praise where it is due, and all good wishes to your neice to get through this and be fully restored to health.

Good look to your neice with her treatment, we'll done to Notts for giving them all a day they'll remember.

Well said Dave sad post in some ways but positive in others, well done Notts what a great gesture. And here hoping everything goes OK for you niece, bless her...

Fantastic Dave, really hope they have an amazing day and fingers crossed your niece's treatment is a success and she has a full recovery.

All the best to your niece Dave , hope she makes a full recovery and the whole family have a great day out.

Best wishes to your niece and all the family - here's to a full recovery and a great day at Notts

All the best to your Niece Dave. Hope everything goes ok.

Well done Notts and good luck to your Niece mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast