+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England v Belgium Match Thread

England v Belgium Match Thread

Now then , do we rest a few players and give some of the others a game just in case they are required further down the line or just make a couple of changes , Rashford for Sterling and Cahill for McGuire or Stones perhaps .

I'd personally make 2 , Rose for Young at Left Wing Back , Rashford for Sterling and leave it at that .

We need to keep the momentum going in my opinion .

Let The Lion Roar .

The new kick off times of 3pm and 7pm with the whole Group laikin at the same time throws up some interesting possibilities. On Thursday the Group H games kick off at 3 pm and we kick off in Group G at 7pm knowing who will be top and second in Group H, the teeams we laik in the next rarnd. Who would we fancy aar chances ageean mooist ? Senegal freeten me mooist, akkan see us looizin ageeanst them.
    Azzased yisterdi us and Belgium could be booath trying to looiz. With the score 21-21 the Belgians ev set darn in the centre circle but Kane refuses to put the ball in the net with no keeper in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The new kick off times of 3pm and 7pm with the whole Group laikin at the same time throws up some interesting possibilities. On Thursday the Group H games kick off at 3 pm and we kick off in Group G at 7pm knowing who will be top and second in Group H, the teeams we laik in the next rarnd. Who would we fancy aar chances ageean mooist ? Senegal freeten me mooist, akkan see us looizin ageeanst them.
    Azzased yisterdi us and Belgium could be booath trying to looiz. With the score 21-21 the Belgians ev set darn in the centre circle but Kane refuses to put the ball in the net with no keeper in sight.
    I perfectly understand wanting to avoid the difficult games but I can't help thinking that this is the world cup , you try and win every game and you play who you play .

I'm not bothered who we play from group H personally , all three potential challengers present differing threats but are also beatable , give the Colombians time and space like Poland did last night and they will thump you and look impressive .

I’d go with a settled (Ish side). Barring injuries I’d play the same team that started the Panama match. Momentum.

Animal's bought in to Gareth and this young group of players at this world cup .

In recent times if England were playing in my back garden I would have drawn the curtains and I've followed the national team to tournaments and qualifiers home and abroad back in the day .

This group actually give a feck , there may well be one or two nice earners representing England at the world cup but clearly these lads are giving it their all because it means summat to them .

If young players are representing the nation and giving it everything they have then I'll join the ride no problem .

Let The Lion Roar

Goal!!, get in there its 1-0 to Engerland.
    Platt's brilliant volley at the end of Et means we've avoided pens and have got Cameroon to play in the Qtr final, this Sunday the 1st.

There thats what Id have put if we were doing an England v Belgium WC match thread for this very date (Tues, 26th June), back in Italia '90.

My thoughts are mixed. Tha wants easiest possible route (if there is such a thing) because it presents a flicker of light in regard of winning the tournament. However, give me any knockout tie against one of our old adversaries any day of the week, it gets the juices flowing. The blood pressure levels tend to rise a notch or two in the mega big games- Germany, Brazil, France, Argentina. It's the stuff national heroes are made of. That is what stage we're on and i fekkin love it when the giants clash.

Of course losing hurts more than ever in these situations. The memories are painful and emotional scars still visible. Italia 90 against the Germans, euro 96 too. Ouch Brazil in 2002. Argentina 98. Portugal in 04 & 06. We are due for a turn in bloody fortunes! Despite these set backs the anticipation and expectation levels reach fever pitch for me personally. Football with the high stakes involved against a rival, absolutely nowt finer in my opinion. Bring it on.

This probably won't even be our hardest match yet because of the idea of both teams making changes and us both keeping an eye on the first knock out round regarding injuries and suspensions.
    Belgieland were (arguably) going to be the favourites in this group and it would have been interesting to see us test each other in the first group game, rather than when we're both through.
    Sterling doesn't deserve another start to be honest, but I bet hes picked again when it comes to the next round. I knocked Lingard's awful touch in front of goal and in truth he was awful against Tunisia, but he improved amazingly for that Panama match, and so did Stones of course with his ace performance.

Remain unchanged as much as we can, approach every match wanting to win. That's what champions do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast