+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: reported 250k bid for bradshaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    It's all irrelevant as none of it will happen but 900k plus 600k adds up to 1.5m and 550k & 850k only comes to 1.4m so why offer 1.6m ??
    Some business tend to buy items in groups and pretend to offer more if bought together, I was just trying to point how it could could be used to buy multiple players. Not saying it will happen at all

And animal no offence mate but if your owner thought he could make a profit and both players wanted to go, they would be gone.

However we all hope our clubs invest wisely not cheaply in players unfortunately it doesn’t happen often at clubs like ours

Barnsley are starting a lot of these rumours to pump up the values of these players.The fact is, they will not get any more than what they paid, because they were part of a losing team that were relegated.The manager has probably been told to get them off the books now they are in league1.Personally I would take a gamble on Bradshaw and offer no more than 450k,we don't need Moore.Leave it to Warney.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Some business tend to buy items in groups and pretend to offer more if bought together, I was just trying to point how it could could be used to buy multiple players. Not saying it will happen at all

And animal no offence mate but if your owner thought he could make a profit and both players wanted to go, they would be gone.

However we all hope our clubs invest wisely not cheaply in players unfortunately it doesn’t happen often at clubs like ours
    Yes if we can make a profit then it's likely we would sell , that's what we do and why we have attracted the ownership we have .

Can RUFC pay the kind of money that could attract Bradshaw even if an offer was acceptable to us ? .

He's 12 months to go on his current deal and he's going to be looking for a good pay day , a move away to a championship club right now and at least doubling his wages or leave for nothing next season with hopefully 20 goals behind him and a good £200k signing on fee plus better terms .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 25-06-2018 at 09:12 PM.

I am happy to give the club the benefit of the doubt and treat this as paper talk for the time being. However, if it turns out that we have seriously bid this amount for the player then I think it would be a very worrying indication of the level of our ambition. If this is how much the club is prepared to invest for the Championship I can't see us getting many of the club's targets other than loan players over the line and an immediate return to League 1 would be pretty certain. I think the fans need and deserve to see some ambition pretty quickly.

First sentence
    "Barnsley have yet to receive an offer for Tom Bradshaw."

2nd sentence starts
    "Reports suggest"

3rd sentence
    "But the star understand no formal offer has been placed"

Another bull newspaper reports just cos nowt else is happening
    Paul wouldn't write reports like this

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yes if we can make a profit then it's likely we would sell , that's what we do and why we have attracted the ownership we have .

Can RUFC pay the kind of money that could attract Bradshaw even if an offer was acceptable to us ? .

He's 12 months to go on his current deal and he's going to be looking for a good pay day , a move away to a championship club right now and at least doubling his wages or leave for nothing next season with hopefully 20 goals behind him and a good £200k signing on fee plus better terms .
    Depends what offers he’s been given a club could come in with high wages and offer Barnsley 250k or a club could offer Barnsley 700k and Bradshaw low wages.

Also just because a team like I Donno Leeds come in for him don’t mean he will be on a higher wage than what rotherham would pay. A lot of big clubs will have multiple wage bracket like super players 50k first teamers 25k on the fringe 15k reserves 7k youths 2.5k

From what a Wednesday fan told me George hurst was on 10k a month that’s like £2.500 a week we could double that and give him a better shot at first team football if we wanted too. Not saying it’s likely but my point is just because a big club has a player or comes in for one don’t mean he will be on high wages

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Depends what offers he’s been given a club could come in with high wages and offer Barnsley 250k or a club could offer Barnsley 700k and Bradshaw low wages.

Also just because a team like I Donno Leeds come in for him don’t mean he will be on a higher wage than what rotherham would pay. A lot of big clubs will have multiple wage bracket like super players 50k first teamers 25k on the fringe 15k reserves 7k youths 2.5k

From what a Wednesday fan told me George hurst was on 10k a month that’s like £2.500 a week we could double that and give him a better shot at first team football if we wanted too. Not saying it’s likely but my point is just because a big club has a player or comes in for one don’t mean he will be on high wages
    Which ever way you look at it , Tom Bradshaw will cost you £2m .

He will be looking for £500k a year on a 3 year deal and at this moment in time he will attract a £500k transfer fee .

In all honesty he ain't worth that kind of spend for RUFC because he's not a high profile championship performer , he's alright but nowt special .

I keep saying it but RUFC need to discover the under the radar talent for £300k and £2 or £3k a week because as I've pointed out even average championship players like Bradshaw will kill your budget .

£2m will buy you 8 or 9 championship goals and that's poor with the budget you have .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 25-06-2018 at 10:14 PM.

All this about embarrassing and we should have learned our lesson. Have any of you thought that if we have put in a 250k bid (and I doubt that) than we have learned our lesson. May I remind the ones with short memories that we had offers accepted for both Stevie May and Bradshaw, and if my memory serves me right they were both much higher than 250k. and of course they both ended up with the Millers....NOT. we were out bid. Lets not be the stalking horse for other clubs eh

Time to be proud, stay calm and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    All this about embarrassing and we should have learned our lesson. Have any of you thought that if we have put in a 250k bid (and I doubt that) than we have learned our lesson. May I remind the ones with short memories that we had offers accepted for both Stevie May and Bradshaw, and if my memory serves me right they were both much higher than 250k. and of course they both ended up with the Millers....NOT. we were out bid. Lets not be the stalking horse for other clubs eh

Time to be proud, stay calm and see what happens.
    True we do need to stay calm but Until we start signing players I think people will be a little edgy with rumours

At the moment the Star are using Neil Goulding as Rotherham correspondent. Now I am not saying Neil is a poor journalist, far from it, but reading the articles he has posted so far, it appears that he is using 2nd/3rd hand sources for his material and I suspect his connections to the club are not extensive. Warne has already stated in an interview that I saw with my own eyes that the club were keeping their cards close to their chests re transfers so I doubt very much Mr Goulding will be providing us with any scoops for the foreseeable future. I would take anything the Star publishes with a pinch of salt for the time being.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast