+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: reported 250k bid for bradshaw

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    At the moment the Star are using Neil Goulding as Rotherham correspondent. Now I am not saying Neil is a poor journalist, far from it, but reading the articles he has posted so far, it appears that he is using 2nd/3rd hand sources for his material and I suspect his connections to the club are not extensive. Warne has already stated in an interview that I saw with my own eyes that the club were keeping their cards close to their chests re transfers so I doubt very much Mr Goulding will be providing us with any scoops for the foreseeable future. I would take anything the Star publishes with a pinch of salt for the time being.
    Thing is when media start annoying the club be it manager or owner they ban them from club and don’t talk to them. Ferguson never talked to bbc I think, and I think our old writer Paul said he was banned from talking to a manager at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Thing is when media start annoying the club be it manager or owner they ban them from club and don’t talk to them. Ferguson never talked to bbc I think, and I think our old writer Paul said he was banned from talking to a manager at one point.
    Goulding isn't in the Paul Davis mould. He will have a number of roles going on at once so will attend far less if any press conferences and may not even attend matches. He will rely on titbits, 2nd hand reports and internet speculation as he will not have the time to give RUFC his full attention.

Yep. He certainly won't be a millers fan like the previous star millers' journalists more like a dee dar presenter which is a bit disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    At the moment the Star are using Neil Goulding as Rotherham correspondent. Now I am not saying Neil is a poor journalist, far from it, but reading the articles he has posted so far, it appears that he is using 2nd/3rd hand sources for his material and I suspect his connections to the club are not extensive. Warne has already stated in an interview that I saw with my own eyes that the club were keeping their cards close to their chests re transfers so I doubt very much Mr Goulding will be providing us with any scoops for the foreseeable future. I would take anything the Star publishes with a pinch of salt for the time being.
    Exactly Tony. Just read what Cayton says above. There has been no bid.

And as for showing ambition, it isn't all about making high priced bids, for us it will be about finding cheaper talent 'under the radar' as our Tyke friend says.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Exactly Tony. Just read what Cayton says above. There has been no bid.

And as for showing ambition, it isn't all about making high priced bids, for us it will be about finding cheaper talent 'under the radar' as our Tyke friend says.
    but the club haven't helped the cause all the talk of million pound bids etc when Evans was here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234