+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential signing(s) around the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Oh how the times have changed, I was shaken when a player left to go to Fleetwood but never thought the day would come when a player chose Mansfailed over us.
    Anyone can make a mistake.

I wonder if the use of the word “gamechanger” refers to the bid, rather than the player concerned. It could be that AH hopes his aggressive offer will enable Notts to sign someone who previously seemed to be beyond their reach. In which case, we could be in for exciting times.

But I have to admit that I’m only guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I wonder if the use of the word “gamechanger” refers to the bid, rather than the player concerned. It could be that AH hopes his aggressive offer will enable Notts to sign someone who previously seemed to be beyond their reach. In which case, we could be in for exciting times.

But I have to admit that I’m only guessing.
    I reckon it's a winger, and suspect it might be Biuldwjyn or However you spell it from Crawley

Alan Judge or Ryan Yates anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Alan Judge or Ryan Yates anyone.
    I'll have some of what you've had! Judge is no chance. Yates depends on what is happening over the river. If they continue with the Portuguese U21 squad, he might be way down the pecking order so might be available, I'd say Grant is more likely if the player is from there though

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'll have some of what you've had! Judge is no chance. Yates depends on what is happening over the river. If they continue with the Portuguese U21 squad, he might be way down the pecking order so might be available, I'd say Grant is more likely if the player is from there though
    A short while ago Big Al told you that we were no longer interested in Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    A short while ago Big Al told you that we were no longer interested in Grant.
    I know that, but out of the two forest lads from last year, Grant would be more likely than Yates and I don't think Grant is coming either. I reckon it's the Crawley winger

Grant is on Coventry’s radar as are he is with Peterborough as pawn for Marriott.

Grant is not game changing, in that he didn't change games for us in the second half of the season. Ryan Yates, on the other hand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I know that, but out of the two forest lads from last year, Grant would be more likely than Yates and I don't think Grant is coming either. I reckon it's the Crawley winger
    I'm pretty sure that if Forest don't think he'll make their squad they will want to loan Yates to a League 1 club at least. In my opinion Grant is destined to be a lower league player. He just didn't show enough in the latter part of his spell with us to suggest he can hack it at a higher level. It would be a very pleasant surprise to get Yates back, but where Grant is concerned I would thank him for his contribution but look elsewhere for any future loan deal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast