+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Potential signing(s) around the corner?

He wanted a new contract over the river. The condition of that was that he moved to a league 1 club. He wanted a pay rise and stability of a long term contract, I wouldn't say he wanted to leave because of Notts. Let's face it, who wouldn't turn down a pay rise and long term stability?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Just a thought but if Notts really are ambitious for the Championship I personally think we should be pulling out all the stops to bring Yates back on a permanent deal, make it a minimum 4 years with sell on clauses and offer him the captaincy. I suppose the issue will be around a fee and wages but if anyone is worth breaking the bank for who would be a realistic target and one for the future surely it would be him?
    Much though he seemed to make a difference in midfield, he is still young and learning his craft. Would you really have him bossing Duffy and the older pros? I expect an older more experienced player. Nolan probably has the contacts to get a premier league or championship central midfielder who is ending his career. Someone committed enough to the game, that they would rather have the team built around them than be warming a bench somewhere. But we'' see. Could still be a winger.

Bloody big corner, more like a bend, it aint Yates.

SSN are reporting that Barnet have accepted a bid for John Akinde from an ‘unnamed club’. Could this be it?

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    SSN are reporting that Barnet have accepted a bid for John Akinde from an ‘unnamed club’. Could this be it?
    Our priority is a winger as reported previously said AH earlier today. He's a striker.

... is Willie Carlin available for the midfield role? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    He wont be happy to be a third striker behind Dennis and Hemmings
    Wont be us

Lincoln City apparently.

Great signing if true

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345