+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forte

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Our mate durhampie isn't just legendary for his unlimited negativity, but also for his incredibly poor putdowns. As well as "takes one to know one", he often uses "talking about yourself again?"! If I didn't know otherwise, I'd swear he was a seven year old.
    You can either like or dislike him, I happened to like him and that was my choice. People will argue that sometimes he didnt look bothered. Well, having had the pleasure to attend every game last season i can understand why at times he looked frustrated. More often than not he was stuck out on the wing just waiting for balls to come down with snow on them.. Then subsequently dropped for not having a good game.

It took Kevin Nolan virtually the whole season to realise where his best position was, and that only came about beause of an injury to our star misfiring john Stead... But as i say, that is purely my opinion...Which i am sure the resident knowalls will disagree with..

Why is it impossible for you to think that maybe Forte took Nolan's advice on improving and doing more and therefore looked a better player when he came in to the team later in the season? Whether you're in your favoured position or not it's an honour to play football and the absolute minimum required should be a good work ethic. Jon Stead hated playing out wide when Moniz was here but he still put in a shift and worked his boll*cks off.

Forte looked miserable and didn't show anything in his appearances, whether in the right position or not, that made people think he was worth the shirt. Some people (like yourself) stood by him based on his previous efforts for Notts but Nolan had no loyalty to him because of that and therefore looked at him with an unbiased viewpoint.

Maybe he took Nolan's advice and started putting in a shift when he realised he needed another contract and that explains why he looked a completely different player?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Why is it impossible for you to think that maybe Forte took Nolan's advice on improving and doing more and therefore looked a better player when he came in to the team later in the season? Whether you're in your favoured position or not it's an honour to play football and the absolute minimum required should be a good work ethic. Jon Stead hated playing out wide when Moniz was here but he still put in a shift and worked his boll*cks off.

Forte looked miserable and didn't show anything in his appearances, whether in the right position or not, that made people think he was worth the shirt. Some people (like yourself) stood by him based on his previous efforts for Notts but Nolan had no loyalty to him because of that and therefore looked at him with an unbiased viewpoint.

Maybe he took Nolan's advice and started putting in a shift when he realised he needed another contract and that explains why he looked a completely different player?
    Exactly my thoughts - well put!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Exactly my thoughts - well put!
    Some balance here I hope...Durham goes to every game which makes him Notts "through and through" and he is absolutely entitled to his opinion. He is also entitled to be a pessimist. And hopefully this board is not really all about being the king of the put-down but rather a place where we can exchange views on our common interest being the world's oldest and greatest football club.

Several people on here have expressed negative views about Forte ranging from having limited talent to having very limited commitment.

I happen to think that he does have talent, and will probably get to the end of his career as a relative under-achiever against what other players may have achieved on less raw talent. When we got to the end of last season and the play-offs in particular, he was absolutely our greatest goal threat with a fantastic finish away at Cov and a good goal ruled out at home.

For those who recognised his talent, we will never really know how much of his under-achievement was down to his own shortcomings in attitude and how much down to not being given the confidence of a supportive coach. We can all say with good reason that if you are a pro footballer you should not need mollycoddling but the fact is that some players do need that kind of encouragement. So maybe the relative under-achievement is down to a little of both?

I feel that it is a real shame that Forte did not do better for us. It looks to me like the squad we now have has real potential and hopefully that we have secured some genuine talent. I also think that our most talented player (before seeing the new signings) is Noor Husin and seriously hope he is in KNs first team plans.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    Some balance here I hope...Durham goes to every game which makes him Notts "through and through" and he is absolutely entitled to his opinion. He is also entitled to be a pessimist. And hopefully this board is not really all about being the king of the put-down but rather a place where we can exchange views on our common interest being the world's oldest and greatest football club.

Several people on here have expressed negative views about Forte ranging from having limited talent to having very limited commitment.

I happen to think that he does have talent, and will probably get to the end of his career as a relative under-achiever against what other players may have achieved on less raw talent. When we got to the end of last season and the play-offs in particular, he was absolutely our greatest goal threat with a fantastic finish away at Cov and a good goal ruled out at home.

For those who recognised his talent, we will never really know how much of his under-achievement was down to his own shortcomings in attitude and how much down to not being given the confidence of a supportive coach. We can all say with good reason that if you are a pro footballer you should not need mollycoddling but the fact is that some players do need that kind of encouragement. So maybe the relative under-achievement is down to a little of both?

I feel that it is a real shame that Forte did not do better for us. It looks to me like the squad we now have has real potential and hopefully that we have secured some genuine talent. I also think that our most talented player (before seeing the new signings) is Noor Husin and seriously hope he is in KNs first team plans.
    Great post and spot on about Durham. I don't always agree with what he says but the support he gives our great club as earned him the right in my eyes.

If Durham attends all the home games, does he make the journey from Durham to Notts on a regular basis? If not, why does he call himself Durham Pie?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post

As your username suggests a wise post. We are all Notts fans and people have their own views and opinions, some positive, some negative etc.... I think the board is a better more colourful place if people feel they can post their views and opinions without feeling as though they are going to be ridiculed by others to which they may be reluctant to post.

Plus differing views can open debate and discussion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    As your username suggests a wise post. We are all Notts fans and people have their own views and opinions, some positive, some negative etc.... I think the board is a better more colourful place if people feel they can post their views and opinions without feeling as though they are going to be ridiculed by others to which they may be reluctant to post.

Plus differing views can open debate and discussion as well.
    There will be the usual intruders madmagpie to any post on here.
    Part of it being a forum
    But on a serious note re the squad and recent released players !!
    We have a great youthful squad with plenty of ability.
    A real interesting season ahead.
    I somehow don’t think we will be a side that sits back with the firepower we now have.
    I think and hope this will be the season husin comes into the team and shows his ability.
    A lot of good looking midfielders with some good pedigree.
    Truly looking forward to the season ahead
    Exciting times

Doesn't matter how many games Durhampie attends when he's not on the messageboard, his "messageboard persona" is so far one way consistently that his opinions are borderline worthless because of the reputation he has created for himself. I highly doubt the person behind the username is anything like you would think based on his messageboard posts, he comes across on the messageboard as a gimmick poster and has done so for a long time.

What an arxeole you are.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast