+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Your Favourite TV Comedies of Now and Yesteryear

I Didn't Know You Cared
    Common As Muck
    Drop The Dead Donkey
    Citizen Smith
    Hi De Hi
    Zapped
    Plebs

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Have you tried watching Mrs Brown after a couple of bottles of red, Sid? I find Irish humour funny generally, though Father Ted would be my preference. I watched the very first Monty Python live in the late 60s (Scotsman wins Wimbledon - may have been a pilot) so I'm probably as familiar with it as you, and at its best it was very funny. At its worst it wasn't. On Family Guy, they once threatened Meg with having to watch all the unfunny bits of Monty Python. Family Guy is what I have found the most amusing over the years, and Seth MacFarlane is a genius.
    I agree about Python, similar to Spike Milligan absolute genius sometimes and stupid the next. I am also a fan of Irish humour.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes Minister... genius comedy. Great shout!
    The Thick of It too!

Quote Originally Posted by IlkestonMagpie View Post
    Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
    Theres one I forgot about. Brilliant. Was talking about this thread in the pub last night and my mate reminded me of an American cop show from (I think) the 80’s called Sledgehammer. Remember watching this as a kid and thinking it was really funny. Can anyone remember it? I’ll have to track it down and see if it really was that funny.

No particular order:

Citizen Smith
    Dad's Army
    Just Good Friends
    Fawlty Towers
    Keeping Up Appearances
    Hi-de-hi
    Thin Blue Line

Most disliked: Mrs Brown (dreadful!)

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    No particular order:

Citizen Smith
    Dad's Army
    Just Good Friends
    Fawlty Towers
    Keeping Up Appearances
    Hi-de-hi
    Thin Blue Line

Most disliked: Mrs Brown (dreadful!)
    Nice to see Wolfie (Citizen Smith) getting a couple of shouts, I loved that one too. Regarding 'Mrs Brown' I have to admit that I have only ever seen about 15 minutes of it and made my judgement that it is cringeworthy garbage based on that brief look. Has it improved of late to explain it's baffling popularity? Should I try again?

Nice to see Wolfie (Citizen Smith) getting a couple of shouts, I loved that one too. Regarding 'Mrs Brown' I have to admit that I have only ever seen about 15 minutes of it and made my judgement that it is cringeworthy garbage based on that brief look. Has it improved of late to explain it's baffling popularity? Should I try again?
    I watched it for about 5 mins (which I decided was about 4 mins 59 secs too long!) - you can try again if you want, I'm not going to!

Can't believe that it was the most watched programme on TV on Christmas Day!

Quote Originally Posted by IlkestonMagpie View Post
    Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
    It’s took a while for this to come up. I wasn’t born when the originals were aired but having watched it, Michael Crawford played an excellent part. It was not crude or anything compared to some 70’s comedy programmes and was good “cartoon” humour. I understand that he did his own stunts which for the 70’s some of those were on the edge.

I also like on the buses and again it was before my time but I portrays a very smutty postcard humour of what you’d expect from that era, and yes it’s not politically correct in this day and age. There is the other comical things that surround it such as Blakey and how they try and run rings round him and the very naive and unintelligent Olive. They were all over exaggerated characters as well.

Faulty Towers is another classic.

In the 90’s Keeping Up Apperances and Mr Bean.

More recently as in late 90’s + Little Britain, Phoenix Nights, Royale Family, The Office and The Inbetweeners.

Best steer clear, seems to get even worse

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast