+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T:- Your Favourite TV Comedies of Now and Yesteryear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Nice to see Wolfie (Citizen Smith) getting a couple of shouts, I loved that one too. Regarding 'Mrs Brown' I have to admit that I have only ever seen about 15 minutes of it and made my judgement that it is cringeworthy garbage based on that brief look. Has it improved of late to explain it's baffling popularity? Should I try again?
    I watched it for about 5 mins (which I decided was about 4 mins 59 secs too long!) - you can try again if you want, I'm not going to!

Can't believe that it was the most watched programme on TV on Christmas Day!

Nice to see Wolfie (Citizen Smith) getting a couple of shouts, I loved that one too. Regarding 'Mrs Brown' I have to admit that I have only ever seen about 15 minutes of it and made my judgement that it is cringeworthy garbage based on that brief look. Has it improved of late to explain it's baffling popularity? Should I try again?
    Best steer clear, seems to get even worse

Quote Originally Posted by IlkestonMagpie View Post
    Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
    It’s took a while for this to come up. I wasn’t born when the originals were aired but having watched it, Michael Crawford played an excellent part. It was not crude or anything compared to some 70’s comedy programmes and was good “cartoon” humour. I understand that he did his own stunts which for the 70’s some of those were on the edge.

I also like on the buses and again it was before my time but I portrays a very smutty postcard humour of what you’d expect from that era, and yes it’s not politically correct in this day and age. There is the other comical things that surround it such as Blakey and how they try and run rings round him and the very naive and unintelligent Olive. They were all over exaggerated characters as well.

Faulty Towers is another classic.

In the 90’s Keeping Up Apperances and Mr Bean.

More recently as in late 90’s + Little Britain, Phoenix Nights, Royale Family, The Office and The Inbetweeners.

Yes Minister... genius comedy. Great shout!
    The Thick of It too!

Good call Mancs.
    Vic Reeves Big Night Out. Classic.

What about films, one of my favourites is 'The Darjeeling Limited' with Owen Wilson which I thought was hilarious.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838221/

I was in flight when I saw it so my choice could be influenced by alcohol.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567