+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Your Favourite TV Comedies of Now and Yesteryear

O/T:- Your Favourite TV Comedies of Now and Yesteryear

I thought this was worth a thread of it's own after the few snippets within the Eng v Pan thread.

I love a good comedy programme and one that I found to be unique but briliant recently was 'Detectorists', Mackenzie Crook's three-series masterpiece about the metal detecting community in a small village in Suffolk.

Anyone else watched it? In my opinion one of the best written, best acted and cleverest pieces of TV of recent years. It's a gem. Worth starting from the beginning and giving a go.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/detec...se-hold-close/

Oh and it even has a Notts link ...ish. Here's my favourite scene of the whole thing, it's a bit dark

Last edited by SwalePie; 27-06-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I thought this was worth a thread of it's own after the few snippets within the Eng v Pan thread.

I love a good comedy programme and one that I found to be unique but briliant recently was 'Detectorists', Mackenzie Crook's three-series masterpiece about the metal detecting community in a small village in Suffolk.

Anyone else watched it? In my opinion one of the best written, best acted and cleverest pieces of TV of recent years. It's a gem. Worth starting from the beginning and giving a go.

Oh and it even has a Notts link ...ish. Here's my favourite scene of the whole thing, it's a bit dark

The clip wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs...?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

On the buses,with a very close joint second
    Love thy neighbour
    And Benny hill...

Only Fools
    Mrs Brown
    Faulty Towers

Rising Damp
    The Fast Show
    League of Gentlemen
    Reggie Perrin
    Fawlty Towers
    One Foot in The Grave

Fawlty Towers
    The Fast Show
    The League of Gentlemen
    Inbetweeners
    Only Fools and Horses
    The Office
    Royle Family
    Phoenix Nights

Last of the Summer Wine
    Till Death Do Us Part
    Sorry

Nothing in today TV shows, guess it's because I'm an old miserable bar steward....

60s Steptoe and Son
    70s Porridge
    80s Blackadder
    90s League of Gentlemen
    00s Phoenix Nights or The Office
    10s Struggling a bit to be fair, maybe Peep Show.

It’s right about some scenes getting boring cos of repetition , like Del falling through the bar. By far the best scene in Only Fools is Rodney asking Trigger why he calls him Dave. Genius.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 27-06-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Mrs Brown? Mrs Brown????!!!! That programme alone is enough for me to revoke my licence. Humour about as subtle as a sledgehammer. Anyone who thinks this is funny has got serious wit problems.
    Nothing comes close to Monty Python in its vintage years except, perhaps, the boys from Royston Vasey - northern gem.
    Will give Detectorists a try, Swale, never even considered it but if you say so...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast