+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Your Favourite TV Comedies of Now and Yesteryear

Comedy is so subjective, all depends how slapstick, crude clever or dark you like it.

I used to love watching Harold Lloyd and Laurel & hardy but didn't care much for Charlie Chaplin. There are some comedies that really struck a chord with just about everyone, most of which have already been mentioned on this thread i.e. Fawlty Towers, Porridge, Fools and Horses, Phoenix Nights, League of Gentlemen, The Office etc. More recently I would say Friday Night Dinner, Man Down, Game face and This Country are very funny.

Some great Irish comedies out there of course with Father Ted leading the way, more recently Derry Girls and Bridget and Eamon both worth a watch.

Always been a big fan of sketch shows so The Fast Show and Smack the Pony are particular favourites.

Have to agree with Sid though regarding that Mr Browns Boys, absolute garbage, sorry, can't stand it.

Fawlty Towers
    Monty Python
    Fast Show

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Nothing in today TV shows, guess it's because I'm an old miserable bar steward....
    Language Timothy!

60s Monty Python (Restaurant sketch being my favourite)
    70s The Goodies (everybody dismisses it now but there are still some episodes that stand up very well, adored it at the time) / Fawlty Towers
    80s Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy / Red Dwarf
    90s Father Ted / I'm Alan Partridge
    00s Jam / The Mighty Boosh

Derry & Abbott

Fools & Horses, Porridge, Open All Hours, Police Squad, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Keeping Up Appearances, One Foot In The Grave, Royale Family. Am currently watching the repeats of You Rang M’lord on Gold, I’d forgotten how funny that one was. Newer stuff, Inbetweeners, Car Share, Plebs, Friday Night Dinner and Catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    Police Squad.
    I could never stomach American comedy shows but made an exception for "Police Squad", that was marvelous.

Another one to look out for is the Australian Chris Lilley who's comedies include We can be Heroes, Summer Heights High, Ja'mie Private School Girl, Angry Boys and Jonah from Tonga . . . very funny and brilliantly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Language Timothy!
    Sorry Mother

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    60s Monty Python (Restaurant sketch being my favourite)
    70s The Goodies (everybody dismisses it now but there are still some episodes that stand up very well, adored it at the time) / Fawlty Towers
    80s Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy / Red Dwarf
    90s Father Ted / I'm Alan Partridge
    00s Jam / The Mighty Boosh
    Forgot about Red Dwarf, used to love the earlier episodes but it went on for 3 or 4 seasons too long. Also Alan Partridge is pure genius, what a character.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast