+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South American Fans

South American Fans

I guess with Brazil there will always be global support, but add in the phenomenal support for Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia and even Peru and you have to give credit to the level of support for South American teams. Apparently the England fans will be outnumbered on Tuesday, something we are not used to for a "European" based competition. Fair play to them, unlike to most of their teams

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    I guess with Brazil there will always be global support, but add in the phenomenal support for Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia and even Peru and you have to give credit to the level of support for South American teams. Apparently the England fans will be outnumbered on Tuesday, something we are not used to for a "European" based competition. Fair play to them, unlike to most of their teams
    Makes you wonder how all these poverty people can afford to travel east, whilst trying to persuade the US to grant them indefinite leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Makes you wonder how all these poverty people can afford to travel east, whilst trying to persuade the US to grant them indefinite leave.
    I heard most of them were working for the NHS

I think it's because they can get Russian visas very easily.

South American societies are generally composed of rich people and poor people with nothing in between, the ones we see at the World Cup are obviously not the ones trying to migrate to the US.

Wondered that myself.Unless they are living there

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think it's because they can get Russian visas very easily.

South American societies are generally composed of rich people and poor people with nothing in between, the ones we see at the World Cup are obviously not the ones trying to migrate to the US.
    Maradonna has criminal convictions doesn't he? I remember a standoff at his house where he fired a pellet rifle at cops so I don't know how he got a visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Maradonna has criminal convictions doesn't he? I remember a standoff at his house where he fired a pellet rifle at cops so I don't know how he got a visa?
    I don't know, he seems to travel pretty much where he wants, being Maradona probably opens a lot of doors.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I don't know, he seems to travel pretty much where he wants, being Maradona probably opens a lot of doors.
    He as his hand into everything

Now you have it - from Tricky's own keyboard: the true basis of modern ignorance. This is what happens when generalisation is the central principle to your arguments.
    South American people are all peasants and steeped in poverty so how the fluck can they afford 3 weeks in Russia attending games? It's obviously because they're telling porkies about being poor and we in the liberal west are swallowing their crap.
    Oh but wait. Could it possibly be because their society is even more stratified than our own - with huge gaps between rich and poor, haves and have nots? Not all Mexicans, for example, want to scale Trumpster's metaphorical wall; some of them are happy and affluent and in control just where they are. Ask Tarquin if you don't believe me.

Sid's right - look at the population figures, I'm sure there's enough affluent people in these countries to fill a football stadium, don't you?

1 Brazil - 210,867,954
    2 Colombia - 49,464,683
    3 Argentina - 44,688,864
    4 Peru - 32,551,815
    5 Venezuela - 32,381,221
    6 Chile - 18,197,209
    7 Ecuador - 16,863,425
    8 Bolivia - 11,215,674
    9 Paraguay - 6,896,908
    10 Uruguay - 3,469,551

Ha ha even I could afford to go if it'd have been my dream and I'd of saved up all I could like alot of the south americans will have done. Haven't some Peru fans given up everything and sold everything to go?

Maybe they like football even more than us, imagine that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast