+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Gedling Pie

Old Gedling Pie

G'day All,

Can any tell me if Notts have a home game this coming August? My eldest lad and I are coming over
    for a months holiday from New Zealand and the last time I was down at the Lane was during the days of Tommy Lawton, Jackie Sewell etc. I received a Notts shirt 2 years ago for my 80th birthday and it would be a delight to wear it, at last, at it's spiritual home.

I have been a regular reader of this forum for many a year and must give a special thanks to all those who take the trouble to post their match ratings. Much appreciated by the 6 fans who live in this small NZ town.

Thanks.

Home 1st game of season on 4th August v Colchester and the 18th v Yeovil

...what a splendid post OGP - made me smile when you used the words 'eldest lad' ... how old is he ... guessing 50's ?

You are dead right Black Horse.....52 to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gedling Pie View Post
    G'day All,

Can any tell me if Notts have a home game this coming August? My eldest lad and I are coming over
    for a months holiday from New Zealand and the last time I was down at the Lane was during the days of Tommy Lawton, Jackie Sewell etc. I received a Notts shirt 2 years ago for my 80th birthday and it would be a delight to wear it, at last, at it's spiritual home.

I have been a regular reader of this forum for many a year and must give a special thanks to all those who take the trouble to post their match ratings. Much appreciated by the 6 fans who live in this small NZ town.

Thanks.
    Nice post OGP and I hope you and your "eldest lad" make it to a match, let Meadow Lane know you are coming I'm sure they can show you around the place, and even give you a two minute tour of the trophy room...

Don't know if you've been back to Nottingham since you went to NZ but if not you will see some major changes in our fair city...not all for the good I might add, well in my opinion anyway I guess others on here might think differently...

Safe trip...

Where abouts are you in NZ mate?

Paraparaumu...on a wet and cold Kapiti Coast. I would appreciate it if you can arrange for the heat wave to continue until I arrive in Nottingham. I was back in the late eighties but, sadly, not during the football season.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gedling Pie View Post
    Paraparaumu...on a wet and cold Kapiti Coast. I would appreciate it if you can arrange for the heat wave to continue until I arrive in Nottingham. I was back in the late eighties but, sadly, not during the football season.
    Cambridge New Zealand here Old Gedling. We have quite a few Notts' fans in NZ

Where's your oldest lad live OGP? His name isn't Colin is it?

Nope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast