+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T FAO CAM, Sota and CTMiller...

O/T FAO CAM, Sota and CTMiller...

Fellas how’s it going state side?

What’s the weather like over the pond?

Memories of 1976 here.... a stupid 83 degrees here last two days.

Do either of you recall 76 back in Blighty? Couldn’t sleep for the sheer heat at nights. Bedroom window wide open, tar melting in the road.... balmy days indeed.

Go on Sota shock me with your temps in Florida.

How about you CT?

CAM... not as high there as here heh?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 27-06-2018 at 12:54 AM.

Eyup Brin, yes I remember that summer, was it really in ‘76? Blimey, where have all the years gone?

It’s about 90 every day now with the usual half hour summer shower in the afternoon. Drops to about 85 overnight.

Some poor bigger was stuck by lightning on our beach at the weekend. Apparently he had some keys hanging from his belt. He was only 33.

On a lighter note, just had a great weekend in Jacksonville, then St Augustine (oldest town in the US) then went boating on the Harris Lake Chain ( a series of lakes connected by short canopied rivers) on the way back. Check out Mount Dora there, it’s what Florida is all about....not that chuffin mouse.
    Well worth a visit on your next trip over.

Thanks for the interest, I hope things are going well for you 😊
    Last edited by sota; 27-06-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Unseasonably cool here at the moment with daytime highs around 70 with the odd 80+ thrown in once a week. No complaints from me though with 0% humidity and it saves on having to water the garden/veg patch.

Daughter and grandson spent the day in the sun in Clifton Park today and had a great time by all accounts. He loves the water park. Changed a bit since we were paddling there 50 years ago Brin?

I remember 1976 well. Roundwood golf course had just been laid and looked like the Sahara! With no automatic watering system at that time they were really struggling to keep the greens (yellows) alive. Just looked it up, Borg winning his first Wimbledon and Johnny Miller the British Open, and their prize money 12,500 and 7,500 respectively.

Changeable here in the San Francisco Bay area but generally very pleasant to very hot. Was up in the high 90s last weekend and back down to a comfortable mid 70s this week with lots of sun.

I was living in Michigan in the summer of 76 so only vaguely aware of that heatwave summer in UK.

Just made a 2800 mile road trip from SF to Ann Arbor taking my son to start his residency at the University of Michigan. He qualified as a doctor this year. Feels odd that he is living in the same town I started my expatriate life 43 years ago.

That’s wonderful CT, you must be very proud indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Changeable here in the San Francisco Bay area but generally very pleasant to very hot. Was up in the high 90s last weekend and back down to a comfortable mid 70s this week with lots of sun.

I was living in Michigan in the summer of 76 so only vaguely aware of that heatwave summer in UK.

Just made a 2800 mile road trip from SF to Ann Arbor taking my son to start his residency at the University of Michigan. He qualified as a doctor this year. Feels odd that he is living in the same town I started my expatriate life 43 years ago.
    Good job you avoided that shooting there back then CT or it could have all been very different.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    That’s wonderful CT, you must be very proud indeed.
    Thanks, Sota mate. I am. Looks like your offspring are doing you proud as well judging by your FB posts.

I sent you a PM a couple of days ago on here. Not sure if you saw it?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Good job you avoided that shooting there back then CT or it could have all been very different.
    Too bloody right, CAM! That was not a good start to expatriate life...

I went to look for the parking structure on this visit. It's still there. They've changed it a bit and the blood's been washed away!

CT, I didn’t realise it was possible to send private messages on here, I’m about to check it out, sorry.

Meanwhile, where’s Brin, the originator of this thread? Is he a multi on a wind up? Well I never.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    CT, I didn’t realise it was possible to send private messages on here, I’m about to check it out, sorry.

Meanwhile, where’s Brin, the originator of this thread? Is he a multi on a wind up? Well I never.
    Nor did I, Sota, until CAM explained it to me when I was trying engage with people individually about the memoir without putting too many details on an open thread.

Basically you have to be signed in and then you'll see a button "Private Messages" at the top left of the home screen just below the "Footy Mad" logo and the grey "Forum" button. From there its a typical "Inbox" and "Send" set-up like email.

A whole new subterranean world awaits you!

I think Brin's gone on holiday to the US. He was just checking which of us had the best weather!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast