+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good luck to Jonathan Buchan

Good luck to Jonathan Buchan

I'm not surprised Radio Leeds have snapped him up.He has been a very good addition to the staff at the local station that covers this area and will be badly missed.He covered quite a few of our matches and always gave an honest account of the match action.You always got the impression he would be moving on to better things.Good luck JB.

He took more interest in the millers than Giddings and Staton that's for sure. Good luck Jonathan!

Good luck to the angry but honest young fella.

Leeds is bigger and better and is a proper football city unlike Sheffield so his opportunities will be better

Plus hes a Leeds supporter, so he'll be glad about his move.

He was still on Radio DeeDah tonight - maybe he has to wait until the radio commentators transfer window re-opens?

Was my favourite (not that I listen anymore)
    Glad to have met him at Wembley along with King Ronnie.
    Good luck but be easy when you commentate on our games v Leeds

Always enjoyed listening to his shows and commentaries. Has great enthusiasm for his work and was easily the best of the bunch. He'll be on telly one day.

On a very weakly connected point, I used to love the Charles Buchan Christmas annuals when I was a kid.

Still got most of them, they make great nostalgic reading of the glory days when pitches were rubbish, players were hard, tackling was allowed and we filled up on orange sausage rolls and Chernobyl heat bovril.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    On a very weakly connected point, I used to love the Charles Buchan Christmas annuals when I was a kid.

Still got most of them, they make great nostalgic reading of the glory days when pitches were rubbish, players were hard, tackling was allowed and we filled up on orange sausage rolls and Chernobyl heat bovril.
    Ha..sometimes i used to stand next to the press box with a bovril..by the time id got back to my pog id got half a cupfull and no hand left..im almost certain george kerr got sausage rolled on the back of his neck..

Back to Jonny Buchan, best of luck to him. He was my favourite too. We all know who Rob supports and Jonny was always so much fairer and nicer to callers (didn't shout at them like Rob does if he disagrees with them). Andy is OK but as has been said Jonny is the one who gave the millers the most attention. I presume there will be someone else to replace him now.