+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    No you are missing the key point. Was the initial action intended for the scorer?
    No it was an attempt on goal itself and unfortunately for Germany, last played by a German defender and it fell to the scorer.
    Having been last played by the opponent the player is not deemed offside.

And no the initial header too wasn't in breach.
    Goal stands
    We aren't missing that point because that's not part of the rules, unlike with the backpass rule the attacking player last touching the ball before the offside receiver doesn't have to intend the pass for the receiver, or for that matter intend to do anything, just the act of touching the ball is enough. A bit of inconsistency between offside and backpass but hey ho

Who cares - THE GERMANS LOST and ARE OUT

This is sufficient cause for celebration and indeed justification for any errors, cheating or anything involved in the scoring.

My faithful Rover has been fricasee'd and sent to their training camp

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Who cares - THE GERMANS LOST and ARE OUT

This is sufficient cause for celebration and indeed justification for any errors, cheating or anything involved in the scoring.

My faithful Rover has been fricasee'd and sent to their training camp
    Correct. Let them hog the sunbeds of the world, let them be more efficient in their sleep than you or I could ever be when awake, the fact is they lost the footy.

Edit. MA may care
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 28-06-2018 at 01:08 PM.

I now have the explanation. Get ready for this.......

1. Korean player heads he ball towards goal, the teammate is in an offside position but not yet "interfering with play" so no offside given
    2. Kroos toepokes the ball, apparently, through the legs of a teammate, the ball goes to the striker in an offside position and he puts the ball in the back of the net. That would count as "gaining an advantage form being in an offside position" so it wouldn't be a goal.
    3. It now seems the the toepoke didn't "nutmeg" Kroos's teammate, the ball brushed his shorts an/or his leg. That, apparently, makes it a 2nd phase and the Korean player has been played onside. The goal stands.

This means I have to admit I got it wrong. My opinion is that, with or without the "leg brushing" it is still the 1st phase and the lad IS offside. It would appear that I am wrong but the situation is yet another that clarifies why these decisions can be oh so hard to get right.

We refs will continue to do our best and, yes, we and especially I, will continue to make mistakes. Honest ones but mistakes all the same.

I think this board now needs a VAMA (virtual assistant MadAmster) to prevent this sort of thing recurring. It's a disgrace to the footy ad network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)