+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooksy gone?

hearing spurs are trying to scupper the deal. madness. offering more for him. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    brookes wanted to go and they met wilders valuation . dont forget wi add ons and sell on the deal could be closer to 20 million,for an un proven connsistent performer its not that bad
    I don't get all this clamour for playing hardball. If they say 'how much for the kid?', and we say '£15m', where do you go if they say 'Great! Cash or cheque?'. Like it or not but Bournemouth have got the resources to just spend the wad if they want. (Didn't we tell them to pee-off when they offered £8m and £10m, as reported in the press...?)

hearing spurs are trying to scupper the deal. madness. offering more for him. lol
    LOL! Now THAT’s what I what I wanted to hear.

I hope so Twirls, and if I were Brooksy, I’d fancy Spurs more than Bournemouth.

I think we should fill our side with Lundstram type's,we will all sleep well in the knowledge that no other clubs will be interested in taking them.

Who is this World Cup player that we are supposed to be getting hope its Daniel Arzani the young Aussie kid,he's better than Brookes.

He's coming to London to discuss his future with his agent.........i wonder who that is.

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/06/27...er-city-links/

wit is his mate

Peter Nelson
    @peterlnelson04
    2h
    Replying to @JamesShield1
    @wit_xx Is Chris happy to let Brooks go for 12 mill, it was only last week he was telling us that none of his best players were for sale unless we got a daft offer....

wit
    @wit_xx
    He’s philosophical about it all the writing was on the wall the minute he signed on with that agent it’s football

How come Brentford just turned down 10m for their lad in another bid from Bournemouth

Great to be back on BM after a bit of medical malarkey but so, so unusual to find a thread about SUFC selling a promising young talent for what many think is too low a price.

A nice , fresh new topic to come back to,adding to the infinite variety of all things SUFC.

Hope no one'had their head turned' or was 'made an offer that they just could not refuse' during the making of this saga but hey, relax because, as we all know and, as always happens, 'the manager will be given the proceeds to re-invest in the squad'

Plus ca change....................

Many years ago, a very wise and wealthy man advised me (with regards to shares in quoted companies) that if the price was so high that I wouldn’t buy at that price, it was time to sell.
    Now, would we pay £12-£15 million for Brooks at this time in his development?
    No, I know it’s not quite the same because we couldn’t afford to (and never will be able to unless established for 2 or 3 years in the PL).
    But, there is no guarantee that Brooks will turn out to be as good as everyone thinks he will. At least this way, we are guaranteed a reasonable amount, and if he does go on to great things, we get an extra windfall. If we turned it down and his career never really took off......................... !!!
    Methinks the club, the board, CW and all can’t win either way.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Many years ago, a very wise and wealthy man advised me (with regards to shares in quoted companies) that if the price was so high that I wouldn’t buy at that price, it was time to sell.
    Now, would we pay £12-£15 million for Brooks at this time in his development?
    No, I know it’s not quite the same because we couldn’t afford to (and never will be able to unless established for 2 or 3 years in the PL).
    But, there is no guarantee that Brooks will turn out to be as good as everyone thinks he will. At least this way, we are guaranteed a reasonable amount, and if he does go on to great things, we get an extra windfall. If we turned it down and his career never really took off......................... !!!
    Methinks the club, the board, CW and all can’t win either way.
    That's far far too wise and logical to post on here Ronaldo,behave thissen mi owd pal.Good night to all,TT hope all's well fella. UTCB

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast