+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brooksy gone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I don't particularly 'diss' history, but I wont be shackled by it either. I believe what happened 50 years ago is utterly irrelevant in the context of Sheffield United today, its current board and manager, and its forward plans for the coming season. All the Mick Jones case shows is that clubs (thats all clubs, not just us, as some would seek to have us believe...) will always be tempted by a big cash offer for their better players. So it ever was and ever will be. Harping on about 'always' this and 'typical ' that, quoting examples of United boards, members of which have been dead for 30 years is just crass, unless you think the ghosts of boards gone by have an influence that extends beyond the grave, perhaps..? It will be 'always' and 'typical' while ever we refuse to move forwards, but prefer to cling to perceived injustices from when God was a lad.

Anyway...despite all the ho-ha, it is our manager who has made the decision regarding Brooks, and that's a power given to him by the board. I'm as excited to see what CW is going to do now with the money as I am disappointed that Brooks wont be part of it.
    Your first sentence says it all FKB.

Like it or not, ancient (ish) or modern, the club is shackled by a selling mentality that goes back years, more years than you seem to want to remember or recall but, nevertheless, it's there and plain for all to see regardless of who does or doesn't make the 'final' decision.

Anyway, we can't affect it and as in Covey's circle of Influence, if you can't affect it, why worry about it?

I'll leave it to all of you to enjoy your prognoses, diagnoses and deliberations.

Plus ca change............................................ ..
    Last edited by tomytony; 28-06-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Roll on Swansea at BDBL on't 4th August and after a bevvy or two us TRUE BLADES can show our support to Chris and the lads.UTCB