+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooksy gone?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    "I wonder if King Kev's been at Scarbro watchin Yorks 7wicket defeat.UTCB"

'nuff said.
    Dunt he live in Scarbro? Did ya want me to say Yorks had won by 7wkts? What a odd fella tha can be,where Yorks are concerned.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Dunt he live in Scarbro? Did ya want me to say Yorks had won by 7wkts? What a odd fella tha can be,where Yorks are concerned.UTCB
    I think he's just resuming his normal persona on the board Rod - welcome back TT

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Your penchant for dissing history is your choice but don't try to tell anyone that what happened in the past does not have an effect on the future.
    I don't particularly 'diss' history, but I wont be shackled by it either. I believe what happened 50 years ago is utterly irrelevant in the context of Sheffield United today, its current board and manager, and its forward plans for the coming season. All the Mick Jones case shows is that clubs (thats all clubs, not just us, as some would seek to have us believe...) will always be tempted by a big cash offer for their better players. So it ever was and ever will be. Harping on about 'always' this and 'typical ' that, quoting examples of United boards, members of which have been dead for 30 years is just crass, unless you think the ghosts of boards gone by have an influence that extends beyond the grave, perhaps..? It will be 'always' and 'typical' while ever we refuse to move forwards, but prefer to cling to perceived injustices from when God was a lad.

Anyway...despite all the ho-ha, it is our manager who has made the decision regarding Brooks, and that's a power given to him by the board. I'm as excited to see what CW is going to do now with the money as I am disappointed that Brooks wont be part of it.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 28-06-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    So it seemed a few weeks ago when Wilders signed his new deal that the co-owners were gonna put some dosh in ... but no he has to raise it from the saleable assets in the playing squad.

Here is is look, the whore at the christening......

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    so what would you do TT - if you were 20 odd and somebody offered to double your wages and play in a higher league.........honestly?
    Smash his agent over the head with a cricket bat then set fire to himself where the cricket pavilion was shouting Kevin though knows not what thy does.

A flock of angels then comes down and lifts his spirit to the heavenly boardroom where he repeats the story of McCabe and Gomorrah to the heavenly hosts for ever more.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Smash his agent over the head with a cricket bat then set fire to himself where the cricket pavilion was shouting Kevin though knows not what thy does.

A flock of angels then comes down and lifts his spirit to the heavenly boardroom where he repeats the story of McCabe and Gomorrah to the heavenly hosts for ever more.
    Either that or you could just read my response but why break the (pre judging) habits of a lifetime?

Fruedian slip or text typo? "Kevin though knows not what thy does."

Only thee knows.
    Last edited by tomytony; 28-06-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post

For god sake dunt mention the Cricket at Scarbro Marvin. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I don't particularly 'diss' history, but I wont be shackled by it either. I believe what happened 50 years ago is utterly irrelevant in the context of Sheffield United today, its current board and manager, and its forward plans for the coming season. All the Mick Jones case shows is that clubs (thats all clubs, not just us, as some would seek to have us believe...) will always be tempted by a big cash offer for their better players. So it ever was and ever will be. Harping on about 'always' this and 'typical ' that, quoting examples of United boards, members of which have been dead for 30 years is just crass, unless you think the ghosts of boards gone by have an influence that extends beyond the grave, perhaps..? It will be 'always' and 'typical' while ever we refuse to move forwards, but prefer to cling to perceived injustices from when God was a lad.

Anyway...despite all the ho-ha, it is our manager who has made the decision regarding Brooks, and that's a power given to him by the board. I'm as excited to see what CW is going to do now with the money as I am disappointed that Brooks wont be part of it.
    Your first sentence says it all FKB.

Like it or not, ancient (ish) or modern, the club is shackled by a selling mentality that goes back years, more years than you seem to want to remember or recall but, nevertheless, it's there and plain for all to see regardless of who does or doesn't make the 'final' decision.

Anyway, we can't affect it and as in Covey's circle of Influence, if you can't affect it, why worry about it?

I'll leave it to all of you to enjoy your prognoses, diagnoses and deliberations.

Plus ca change............................................ ..
    Last edited by tomytony; 28-06-2018 at 05:23 PM.

united have always been a selling club thats a fact but i think in this day and age theres not a great deal we can do if a player wants to leave for the premier league and say treble their salaries what i would criticise the club for is if chris doesnt get most of the cash for reinvestment on good players to push us in to the play offs if he does and he gets the players he wants i really fancy our chances of a play off spot at the least keep the faith blades utb ftp

Roll on Swansea at BDBL on't 4th August and after a bevvy or two us TRUE BLADES can show our support to Chris and the lads.UTCB

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast