+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooksy gone?

Final thought today would we pay 12m (if we had the money) for a player and put him on the bench ? Regardless of his potential which guarantees nothing btw (we've seen players at bigger clubs with more potential fail to fulfill it) we're getting 12m for a kid that can't get a regular berth in our starting 11

Did I want to sell him no,you don't always get what you want out of life tho
    Last edited by bulmer1889; 27-06-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Not at all surprised that we are willing to accept an offer of 12m-15m for him.
    What shocked me and makes me feel very old is that I remember the time when if Bournemouth and Sheffield United were mentioned in the same sentence it would mean that Bournemouth had gone on a great cup run and drawn us in the 3rd round.

How times change eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    All down to having a Russian billionaire on Board. We haven't, money talks these days unfortunately.
    Sadly so true

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Was it yesterday that someone posted on S2 that summat was happening down at Bramall Lane,it got a load of funny comments.
    Yep it was the same on here

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    He's 20 ffs only been left school 4 yrs head full of idylls until the real world hits you right between the eyes,opportunity to earn a million quid inside a yr,who can blame him,I stopped chasing money a long time ago but even I'd jump at that offer doin the same thing for x5 or 6 times what you were earning. Can look after his parents money worries a thing of the past,no sorry can't blame him one bit

Can blame the agent for turning his head tho like we all knew would happen (except benny) when it was announced. I'm like most others surprised it's so soon I thought we would get to JTW at least,but if he's gone to chris asking to move CW is just as likely to have said ok go I don't want players who don't want to be here

End of the day it's only football nobodies died and fingers crossed we will all come through this ok and carry on with our lives
    The thing is Bully if BROOKSY stayed at BDBL and dint turn out to be as good as i certainly think he could be, the fans doin most of the screamin nar would be the ones who'd be sayin we shudda took the cash when we had the chance or he's rubbish good riddance.By the way you're bang r8 nobodies died and let's be r8 we have had BLADES fans in our academy that moved on as ya say it's football.Like you mate i'm disapointed but i most certainly aint suprised, soon as i heard he'd changed agents the writin was on the wall but i dint expect him to be here long anyway.Those sayin it's only Bournemouth well they've a very rich owner and also bein in't premier league for a few years puts em on a totally different financial level to us dunt matter if they don't get much more than 10k through the gates.UTCB

It is a shame he is going but surely much of it must have to do with him having a new agent, him fancying playing in the Premier League and now being well on the way to being a millionaire at 20.
    If the £12 million quoted is correct it seems a little low for what we have been lead to expect. But we are, and always have been, a selling club.
    However, if it is £15 million, as some have suggested, with most of it paid up front that sounds much better. Even more betterer and betterer if most of that cash can be spent by CW on 3 or 4 new, and needed, players.
    We should also have a 50% sell-on clause. One would have thought that we should be in the driving seat at this time of the close-season and it should be for us to lay down our minimum requirements as we have accepted he can go.
    But then again, maybe not.

50% sell on? That's different.

£12 million + for someone who's played 5 games in the Championship. You can never guarantee potential will become fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    50% sell on? That's different.
    Why not?

We could always insist on that, then relent and go for 1% or a friendly at Bournemouth's discretion with a paddle on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    £12 million + for someone who's played 5 games in the Championship. You can never guarantee potential will become fact.
    Exactly. Let's be honest, if this was three or four years ago we'd have settled for £3m and spunked the lot on three old journeymen.

I'm sad he's not going to be playing for us this season, but it's not unexpected and if it's for the good of the team, at least we've got something decent for him.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast