+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooksy gone?

If we're to believe Sky, who are generally on the money, then he's having a medical this afternoon and will be gone before the end of the week. http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...urnemouth-move

£10m? I don't think it's enough, but if it's £10m up-front, with possible add-ons/installments and sell-on clause (perhaps even something linked to his international appearances) then it sweetens it for me.

End of the day, he's a promising talent but hasn't established himself as a regular starter here. His physicality/power needs improvement and that could take a couple of seasons.

IMO this is nowehere near as bad a deal as the peanuts we got for Maguire.

We can only hope Spurs offer £20m, but I think it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    So it seemed a few weeks ago when Wilders signed his new deal that the co-owners were gonna put some dosh in ... but no he has to raise it from the saleable assets in the playing squad.
    Thats a leap on your behalf. It was reliably stated that CW's funds had been provided by the owners without selling Brooks, and that if Brooks was sold then a good proportion of the money would go into CW's budget. At no point has it been suggested that we had to sell before we spent.

The rest, we'll just have to see how it plays out. Never a dull moment, eh..?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Thats a leap on your behalf. It was reliably stated that CW's funds had been provided by the owners without selling Brooks, and that if Brooks was sold then a good proportion of the money would go into CW's budget. At no point has it been suggested that we had to sell before we spent.

The rest, we'll just have to see how it plays out. Never a dull moment, eh..?
    Wonderful album that Pops(Never a dull moment)Chings is one them BLADES who likes to smash our club and of course he's entitled to his views but he does sometimes exaggerate things to mek his point.He's never forgiven the club for lettin Shaun Miller leave.Mek sure tha wears some sun cream whilst splodgin in this weather Chings owd lad. UTCB

On amore general point,notwithstanding this latest Brooks deal ( or no deal) , the board at BDBL must absolutley love the fan base's loyalty and gullibility.

More in fact, it is now so conditioned to being messed upon that it makes up the 'excuses' before they even utter a word.

As an example , when a manager is given ,say, £10 million as a transfer budget, all other clubs fans see that as 2 x 5mill players ( or any combination that adds up to the promised figure) whilst,as some sort of conditioned knee jerk reaction Blades fans qualify it immediately with cooments like "that will include the wages,the agents fees will be included, the signing on fee will be in that etc,etc,etc".

The board will never change it's sell,sell,sell strategy when they get away with it time after time after time--- and I'll start that with an example from my time, Mick Jones.

Anyone got any examples of when the board has stood firm and rejected a bid or pushed for more or even considered holding out for more?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    On amore general point,notwithstanding this latest Brooks deal ( or no deal) , the board at BDBL must absolutley love the fan base's loyalty and gullibility.

More in fact, it is now so conditioned to being messed upon that it makes up the 'excuses' before they even utter a word.

As an example , when a manager is given ,say, £10 million as a transfer budget, all other clubs fans see that as 2 x 5mill players ( or any combination that adds up to the promised figure) whilst,as some sort of conditioned knee jerk reaction Blades fans qualify it immediately with cooments like "that will include the wages,the agents fees will be included, the signing on fee will be in that etc,etc,etc".

The board will never change it's sell,sell,sell strategy when they get away with it time after time after time--- and I'll start that with an example from my time, Mick Jones.

Anyone got any examples of when the board has stood firm and rejected a bid or pushed for more or even considered holding out for more?
    Why do some always wanna have a dig at the BLADES fanbase? From what i've heard certainly the first bid for BROOKSY was turned darn TT.Are you sayin Wilder's tellin us lies? Cos i'm sure he's said all transfers are decided by him and his staff.I wonder if King Kev's been at Scarbro watchin Yorks 7wicket defeat.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 28-06-2018 at 02:21 PM.

so what would you do TT - if you were 20 odd and somebody offered to double your wages and play in a higher league.........honestly?

if true that brooks asked to go i dont see what else we could have done apart from making sure the club gets the best possible deal i think chris will have been very pragmatic about this and will move now for his top targets however i am suspicious that the increased budget chris got includes the money we will get for brooks in any case personally although dissapointed he is leaving i do think it could well work out for the best in terms of getting the players in that chris wants and i think we will be stronger and ready for another play off push utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    so what would you do TT - if you were 20 odd and somebody offered to double your wages and play in a higher league.........honestly?
    I'd do what Brooks might yet do but I did cite this case as an example of the mentality of the higher echelons of the club.

We've been doing it since before the PL was even a clockwork toy train let alone the gravy tran it is today and not all the sales were due to 'heads being turned' or 'an offer we couldn't refuse'.

The more relevant point was about how it's just accepted at BDBL, to 'us' it's the norm, to others it's scandolous and, to others, eg Soton, it's an opportunity to make some serious brass, not roll over and die.

The poor , little, dowtrodden victims of circumstance role is too prevalent, too accepted and. frankly, embarrassing and pathetic.

The rest of the clubs must rub their hands in glee when SUFC produce or develop a serious prospect= 'dip your bread lads, it's the BL numpties we're dealing with'

I'm reliably told we asked Bournemouth to pee-off at £8m and £10m. Does that count?

I'm disappointed because I wanted to watch the lad play this year, but if he wants to go, and our valuation was met, then like every other club in the world, we sell. Harping on about Mick Jones is fine, but that was 51 years ago now. They say elephants have long memories. If CW says that is where we are and thats what he wants, fine. I trust him to make it work. Whats done is done. I want to see what we do next...

After listening to his interview this afternoon and saying he will say more on the matter when it’s all official,Rankines ears will be burning is my tip

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast