+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitro the Carthorse

Mitro the Carthorse

Well just watched our centre forward miss two good chances and allow himself to be flattened in the box for Brazil’s second goal

A Fizzy Centre Forward at best, in Rafa I trust.

If it wasn't for his height he'd have nothing. Mediocre player at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    If it wasn't for his height he'd have nothing. Mediocre player at best.
    Totally agree..

Just what I expected to see.TBH. What has it been? One goal.and a load of missed chances.

Just doesn't convince at a high level. Could have had a hat trick tonight with the chances that fell to him.

At least he is there.., Joselu couldn't even get a game for Stoke, and I have more chance of playing for England than gayle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Well just watched our centre forward miss two good chances and allow himself to be flattened in the box for Brazil’s second goal

A Fizzy Centre Forward at best, in Rafa I trust.
    A bit harsh. He did nothing wrong with the close range header - It came to him very fast. He took out one of the attackers for Brazil's second goal - bad marking from Silva's marker IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    A bit harsh. He did nothing wrong with the close range header - It came to him very fast. He took out one of the attackers for Brazil's second goal - bad marking from Silva's marker IMO.
    He had a header direct from a cross that a good centre forward would have buried but he headed it straight at the keeper

You have to be having a laugh that he took out one of their attackers for the goal man, he got muscled out and ended up on his arse.

You must have been watching a different game to me

Two terrible misses I’m afraid, within 8 yards from goal a top striker would have scored both.

The commentators kept saying ‘Mitrovic is clearly asking for it in the air’ he got what he wanted but didn’t convert.
    Last edited by Kingstonbob1; 28-06-2018 at 06:27 AM.

Mitro is that garbage that he's assigned two hatchet men onto him just about all times.
    Yeah he missed two good chances...one he should have done better with and the other was too awkward and fast towards him for him to get any real power on it.

Overall Mitro had a decent game. A nuisance to Brazil and nuisance to all teams who feel they have to double up on him.
    Not the quickest striker of course but he's certainly in the right places.
    Top scorer in the qualifying stages.

No way in hell is he championship standard and he'll prove it when he finds a club....which will not be in any championship....I guarantee you that.

If Rafa wasn't our manager and it was someone like, McClaren, Pardew or Allardyce, to name a few....They would be getting absolutely slaughtered into the ground for letting Mitrovic fester in favour of Joselu.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Mitro is that garbage that he's assigned two hatchet men onto him just about all times.
    Yeah he missed two good chances...one he should have done better with and the other was too awkward and fast towards him for him to get any real power on it.

Overall Mitro had a decent game. A nuisance to Brazil and nuisance to all teams who feel they have to double up on him.
    Not the quickest striker of course but he's certainly in the right places.
    Top scorer in the qualifying stages.

No way in hell is he championship standard and he'll prove it when he finds a club....which will not be in any championship....I guarantee you that.

If Rafa wasn't our manager and it was someone like, McClaren, Pardew or Allardyce, to name a few....They would be getting absolutely slaughtered into the ground for letting Mitrovic fester in favour of Joselu.
    Couldnt agree more its always lets knock Mitrovic, he got in the positions and the header was blocked on the line by a defender, he hit the target thats all a striker can do. But lets enjoy next season with joselu and gayle leading the line rather then a world cup goalscorer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)