+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slow moving

Slow moving

Certain players we have been linked with (yes, I know, dozens), but Aden flint gone to Middlesbrough, Bobby Reid to Cardiff, David brooks to Bournemouth, seems jack Marriott to Bristol city, I know many don't seem to think these high enough profile for Leeds but other teams are slowly starting to build, yes we seem to be slowly shipping the fringe players out but, we need to get some players in now, all I read is Leeds linked with this player and that player but absolutely nothing seems to be moving, 5 weeks to kick off and counting.

To be honest I wouldn't want any of those. Bobby Reid had a half good season and thats all he has ever had, surprised he has gone to the premiership. Flint played in the worst defence in the top half of the table. Marriot is a league one player so would be a risk as he might not eb able to cut it in a higher standard and Brooks I'd have liked him but for 10m? No thanks.

I am not worried at all about transfers with Bielsa here as we can be rest assured if he isn't happy with signings or what the club are doing he will vocalise that quite strongly. Bielsa isn't one to sit around if the club don't keep to their promises so whilst he is here we know they are working hard on the signings he wants/needs.

Beat me to it NW.

Was gonna start a thread regarding our snail like activity on the transfer front.Yes there is still quite a bit of time to go but I would much rather get in who we are after now and give the new boss time to work with em and implement his work ethic/tactics etc.

Got to be some quality signings on the way...surely?

MOT

The lure of the pl would stop us getting the ones who have gone there, I'm not bothered about marriott, flint a good goalscorer but we shall get better than him, Bartley and helander are still under the leeds radar although they've kept it quiet regarding helq der in recent times, I'm not worried, if we get past the first week of July with no or not enough good signings then I might start to be concerned

According to Angus deals are in the pipeline, it makes a refreshing change that nothing is leaking from the club but to be honest we could do with announcing someone soon.

The natives are starting to get restless me thinks.

Taking no news as good news. Hoping this means Biesla is having good input in to our transfer targets. Also thinking the delay is a sign that the we are trying to sign real quality which means the owning clubs are more reluctant to sell, taking a bit more negotiation.

Another theory is all our potential signings are involved in the World Cup and won't sign anything till it's over 😜😜

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Taking no news as good news. Hoping this means Biesla is having good input in to our transfer targets. Also thinking the delay is a sign that the we are trying to sign real quality which means the owning clubs are more reluctant to sell, taking a bit more negotiation.

Another theory is all our potential signings are involved in the World Cup and won't sign anything till it's over ����
    Surely you jest!...lol.. How much do you think is in our war chest to spend?

It will be interesting to see how much we spend in terms of transfer fees as wages are more difficult to calculate and less publicized.

Talking hard cash (transfer fees up front) ...by my reckoning.....

Without anything out of the ordinary happening investment wise this summer i would estimate our "war chest" to be a conservative 12 million for transfers alone (based on last seasons spending, the following make 14.5 Million alone = roughly Saiz 3.5M, Jansson 3M, Alioski 1.5M, Hadi Sacko 1.5M, Klich 1.5M, Cibicki 1.5M, Grot 0.5M, Ekuban 1.5M)

Having said that we also have the 49ers deal, again reported to generate around 10 Million in the coffers promised for transfers.

Taking those two points into consideration Ill go for around 20Mill war chest which makes sense as this is the budget being banded around by the press (Phil Hay especially).

Im sure we have that cash now but will we invest it? Lets see....

On final last note - Its amazing to be talking in this manner after the mess Peter Ridesdale left us in all those years ago and Bates further compounded.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)