Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England Should Lose

That Belgium game, did both sides really not try to win or am I just being cynical? (or both?)

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Really? I thought the reserves let themselves down Thursday night. Unless they were under direct instructions to throw the game, none of them pushed for a starting place.
    Nobody needed to overperform to displace Sterling and Rose is better and fitter than Young. The game against Belgium was a bit like a 3rd place play off, a bit of a nothing game.

With that Southgate couldn't lose with his selections on the night.

My changes are based on the threat I think they offer as opposed to what they did in a training ground run out.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Nobody needed to overperform to displace Sterling and Rose is better and fitter than Young. The game against Belgium was a bit like a 3rd place play off, a bit of a nothing game.

With that Southgate couldn't lose with his selections on the night.

My changes are based on the threat I think they offer as opposed to what they did in a training ground run out.
    I'll be surprised if Young and Sterling don't start against Colombia as Rose and Rashford didn't do enough to warrant it and I wanted Sterling and Young dropped after Tunisia.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I'll be surprised if Young and Sterling don't start against Colombia as Rose and Rashford didn't do enough to warrant it and I wanted Sterling and Young dropped after Tunisia.
    I didn't mention Rashford, I suggested Vardy.

Southgate will only make one change from the Panama game and that's to bring Ali back in for Loftus-Cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I didn't mention Rashford, I suggested Vardy.

Southgate will only make one change from the Panama game and that's to bring Ali back in for Loftus-Cheek.
    Vardy was poor.

I agree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12