Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: England Should Lose

  1. #1

    England Should Lose

    I think it's best for England to finish second and avoid the winner of France v Argentina in the QFs.

    But even if you think it's a bad idea to start losing and planning too far ahead, there's an even better reason. The loser remains in the confines of the Russian capital, where as the group winner has loads of travelling to do.

  2. #2
    I think you have a different draw structure to the rest of the world if you think that's right Romany.

  3. #3
    Whatever. But no extra travelling

  4. #4
    Winning is a great habit. We should go to win this.

  5. #5
    A draw with Sterling getting 2 yellows meaning we finish 2nd on fair play is the way to go remaining unbeaten with a real chance of getting to the final.

    Sadly we'll take the proud route and convince ourselves we must beat the best and end up going out in the quarters again to Brazil.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Winning is a great habit. We should go to win this.
    Agree!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    A draw with Sterling getting 2 yellows meaning we finish 2nd on fair play is the way to go remaining unbeaten with a real chance of getting to the final.

    Sadly we'll take the proud route and convince ourselves we must beat the best and end up going out in the quarters again to Brazil.
    Sterling ain't playing!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Sterling ain't playing!
    Looks like he is playing his best 11 then.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Looks like he is playing his best 11 then.
    We need to bring on an expendable such as Terence Trent Darby and have him get sent off to fall to second on fair play league. Genuinely taking one for the team, but watch the Belgies then lash a goal kick into their own net as time expires

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    We need to bring on an expendable such as Terence Trent Darby and have him get sent off to fall to second on fair play league. Genuinely taking one for the team, but watch the Belgies then lash a goal kick into their own net as time expires
    that one's too abtuse even for me, and you missed a '. currently has a fantastic triple album out by the way

  11. #11
    He is the scouser who is this year's "Theo Walcott" and along for the ride and experience.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    He is the scouser who is this year's "Theo Walcott" and along for the ride and experience.
    And the after-match karaoke

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    40,157
    Its a dangerous game to try and play is that, Im a firm believer in momemtum etc and I want us to beat or avoid a defeat at least, against Belgieland.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its a dangerous game to try and play is that, Im a firm believer in momemtum etc and I want us to beat or avoid a defeat at least, against Belgieland.
    Well next up Colombia and then the winner plays the winner of Switzerland v Sweden.
    I can't think of an easier passage to the semis than this.
    If England fail to make the semis, they should be shot!
    Switzerland in a WC semis? I never thought I'd live to see this!
    Btw you heard it here first, the next World Champions are Croatia!

    They also are world champion in football jerseys

  15. #15
    Croatia or Spain in the Semi's it looks like........

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Croatia or Spain in the Semi's it looks like........
    I think Colombia may have something to say about that.

  17. #17
    If Rodriguez plays and England reassume their jitters, an upset is likely. If England take the lead, I think the tie is over. So let's see the Colombians get an early goal and have a fantastic contest.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    40,157
    I don't like the idea of picking an easier route etc, because weren't we all delighted with drawing Iceland in the Euro's 2 years ago ?.
    And we know what happened there against an 'easier' team.
    I think we CAN beat Colombia, but whether we will is anybodys guess.

  19. #19
    For Colombia I would play Danny Rose and Vardy ahead of Young and Stirling. Vardy looked sharp on Thursday and IMO Rose is an all round better option than Young. If we continue with a high pressing game we should have too much for them. An early goal will settle any nerves and would mean Colombia would have to come at us which could play in to our hands. 2-0 England, Kane and Maguire.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    For Colombia I would play Danny Rose and Vardy ahead of Young and Stirling. Vardy looked sharp on Thursday and IMO Rose is an all round better option than Young. If we continue with a high pressing game we should have too much for them. An early goal will settle any nerves and would mean Colombia would have to come at us which could play in to our hands. 2-0 England, Kane and Maguire.
    Really? I thought the reserves let themselves down Thursday night. Unless they were under direct instructions to throw the game, none of them pushed for a starting place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •