Bit of a ramble but....

It was all going so well. I was on holiday in Florida. I had a live stream set up so I could watch Notts beat Coventry and progress to the play off finals. Then I saw a perfectly good goal from Forte disallowed and we lost.

30 minutes after the game ended I started to have pains in my chest. They spread to my shoulder down my arm and then to my jaw. Wife took me to the nearest hospital Emergency Room (20 minutes drive). Was seen immediately (and I mean immediately) and after 5 minutes of tests they told me I was a having a full blown heart attack. Lots of drugs later I was taken to ICU and stayed over the weekend. On the Monday (see, even their doctors don't work at weekends) I had an angiogram and they promised me a stent would keep the artery open and would sort me out.

When I woke up doctor told me he couldn't do a stent as ALL my arteries were nearly all blocked. I was being transferred to another hospital for emergency heart bypass surgery. I was in a bit of a state of shock never having had high blood pressure, high cholesterol or anything at all for 30 odd years. Ate low fat, walked every day, never smoked etc.

Had the bypass on May 25th and surgeon did 4 bypasses. Recovering from that op is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Eventually the airline (Virgin) and insurance let me travel home mid June. Now I have started quite a long road to recovery.

I had already renewed my season ticket in the Pavis before I went on holiday. Wife thinks I'm mad to even consider going back as the stress of Notts obviously pushed me over the edge. But I have been watching Notts since 1970 and have seen many 'heart-stopping' moments over the years.

Opening this up...should I risk it and return? Or stay away and listen to Radio Nottingham?