+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May 18th 2018 - I will never forget

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Go live your life and live up to your name, Mr Calm. Of course, you need to keep supporting Notts. **** happens and you have to deal with it. Better to die living then live dying.
    How do I know these things? My date to remember was May 26th 2010 when I had a triple A on a Sunday afternoon. I was screwed because Scarboro hospital didn't do the required surgery so I was shipped by ambulance to Hull - 90 mins away. Shortly after arrival my bowel 'crashed' dumping the bacteria into my bloodstream. The surgeon told my wife I had a 5% survival chance. I then lost consciousness for 37 days. When I came round a hospital bug infected my heart and then my spine, reducing me to a wheelchair and back surgery. I am 3 inches shorter but going to the gym twice a week and playing walking football on a Wednesday. I cycle daily. My choice is LIVE and if it kills me in the end so what? Something has to take you.
    The NHS has been magnificent for me. So have my friends, They know what I've been through and they've provided the support, but most of all my wife & daughter have always been there.
    You can do it, Mr Calm, honest you can.

Eh up ode political sparring partner ...... I didn't know about the awful time you went through so credit due to you for your positive attitude mate - well said. Talking about your 3" loss, when you reach 77 you lose about 1" per year and the last time I measured, mine had shrunk to 3" (one of the prices for getting old!)

Hope your recovery goes well Calm pie and good luck in the future. Sid, glad you're still here mate and goes to show you don't know what people have been through. All the best to you both.

It'll be different this season, no nervous moments and just plain sailing. All the best in your recovery.

In 2005 I died in A and E at Cheltenham General Hospital, and thankfully they revived me and saved my life. I had a triple bypass six months later, and am pleased to report that a great quality of life does go on.

Nearly thir**** years later I am still raising a glass to the "Pies" and enjoying a full life, despite the travails of supporting Notts.

Have faith, enjoy the rest of your life and enjoy every precious moment.

Good luck, and very best wishes.

All the best Calmpie, I’m sure going down Notts next season will be great for your recovery as we cruise to the League 2 Championship.

Bloody hell unhealthy lot we Magpies...I had a triple heart by pass 15 years ago at the age of 52...never smoked and drink in moderation it was all down to my mum bless her, she died at the young age of 65 heart attack....

Great service from City Hospital and Mr Mitchell the consultant surgeon...They cancelled the op three times because others were deemed to be in greater need...Mr Mitchell even offered to do the op at The Park Hospital at Burnt Stump (Private) but I refused matter of principal and all that...

Still doing well, can make it to the top of the Pavis to take my seat without gasping for breath unlike some young uns who sit around me... Exercise everyday, swimming twice a week, bike rides the Italian way when I'm in Sorrento...life is great. So keep calm calmpie hope you make a speedy recovery you will feel great if you look after yourself...

Footnote : Its just the travel insurance thats a bloody nightmare, cannot understand it. You have the op to make you better then the insurance companies charge you double because you've been ill...
    Last edited by Wedgie_pie; 28-06-2018 at 05:03 PM.

We were the most stressed fans in the country in 2007 and not much has happened to improve that during the past few years:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news...search-1714294

I'm surprised I'm even alive to post this

When I first joined this board the posts were about this chap Sid who was on his death bed.

Good luck to all those that are battling issues.

After such a close call with those up above making an early substitution, you'll probably now have a different perspective on what is and what isn't worth getting wound up about. Notts are important and the crowd can and do influence what happens on the pitch, but we've got decent numbers now and you can trust everybody else to make known the frustration and over excitement. Probably best to just pretend you're sitting among opposition supporters and keep a lid on it, at least until you feel close to 100% again.
    Good luck.

So not only did the ref/lino rob Notts but they could have also been up on a manslaughter charge. *******s!

Thanks for all your kind comments and words of encouragement. I did think that over all these years I was a pretty calm sort of person (hence my chosen username) so was very surprised when I had my heart attack.

I'm only 5 weeks post op so not yet feeling quite as confident as those of you who have experienced the same and worse. But I'm sure I will recover (quoted 12 weeks by surgeon) and be able to climb those fabled Pavis steps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12