+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Offer From Big Al

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Yes, I would join up again.
    No, I would rather my lad didn't.
    My sentiments too.

I joined up and had some great times, some bleak ones too but wouldn't change what I did, it's MY history, it made me and probably kept me out of jail but I have greater ambition for my kids

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Do you mind if I ask why?
    Purely selfish on my part , I would have nobody to go and watch Notts with!

Seriously , I was brought up listening to my dads stories on how he single-handedly saved the world. My lad shows no interest in the Navy whatsoever. The other year we went down to Southampton to watch a charity match between some you tubers or whatever you call them , his sort of thing. We stayed the night and I said to the wife why don't we go down to Pompey the next day and show him some of my old haunts, possibly find an hotel and stay the night. We did go , he was bored and we drove home the same day. My lad join the Navy, I think that ship's sailed.
    Last edited by navypie; 01-07-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Purely selfish on my part , I would have nobody to go and watch Notts with!

Seriously , I was brought up listening to my dads stories on how he single-handedly saved the world. My lad shows no interest in the Navy whatsoever. The other year we went down to Southampton to watch a charity match between some you tubers or whatever you call them , his sort of thing. We stayed the night and I said to the wife why don't we go down to Pompey the next day and show him some of my old haunts, possibly find an hotel and stay the night. We did go , he was bored and we drove home the same day. My lad join the Navy, I think that ship's sailed.
    Interesting, thanks.

Interesting, thanks.
    Not that interesting ,I was bored writing it ! I do have many reasons I would prefer he didn't . Maybe one day I will explain more.

Not that interesting ,I was bored writing it ! I do have many reasons I would prefer he didn't . Maybe one day I will explain more.
    For me it was reasonably interesting to hear how the tradition you spoke about has been discontinued, for whatever reason, and the fact that you don't seem to mind at all.

For me it was reasonably interesting to hear how the tradition you spoke about has been discontinued, for whatever reason, and the fact that you don't seem to mind at all.
    I wouldn't say I don't mind at all that he isn't following our family tradition , it's just that I would prefer him to do something different . I had more good than bad times in the Navy but I would rather he doesn't experience some of the things I did. I didn't go to the Falklands , I was stuck at HMS Nelson, a shore base in Portsmouth throughout the duration. I obviously knew a lot of men who did go ( and some who didn't come back ) but doesn't mean I didn't see a lot of things I wish I hadn't. Anyway , enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    .....remember everyone, this is the troll who spent months hounding Navy because he was adamant that he was Vlad (apparently they bore some similarity in their writing styles...yawn).....despite myself and Swale telling him that he was wrong, again, he persisted.
    I wouldn't say he hounded me tarkers . Anyway, I can think of a lot worse. If I acted like a complete pratt instead of just a pratt at times, people might have thought I was Elite

I wouldn't say he hounded me tarkers . Anyway, I can think of a lot worse. If I acted like a complete pratt instead of just a pratt at times, people might have thought I was Elite
    It seemed like "hounding" to me Navy for a few reasons

(a) he was part of the self-appointed lynch mob that went after Vlad (not sure if you had been on here very long at the time?).....don't get me wrong, we all go off a bit half-cocked at times, and Vlad was no exception....I publicly stated so on this forum, and also sent Vlad a couple of PMs warning him that some of his posts risked the wrath of the regulars on here...and seemed OTT......then, one night, he completely lost the plot (IMO, there was a hefty dose of goading involved)....Adios Vladus.

(b) Driller likes to see himself as a bit of a forum vigilante, and has stated so on here, not only on matters of Forum Decorum, but also on Political inaccuracies where he apparently is smarter and better informed that the Western Media, yawn, he is a curious mix of Robin Hood, Joan of Arc and Attila the Hun

(c) once he had gotten rid of the "numero uno problemo", as he saw it, his attention switched to you and over the next few months made insinuations and allegations to that effect....you and I both knew that you were not Vlad but Driller carried on, even after Swale stepped in to try to inform him.....you may not call it "hounding" if you like but it is just a question of terminology.

I live about 12 miles outside the tropics....daytime temps rarely ever dip below 20 degrees, even on Xmas day....summers here are 30-36 and to keep the grounds even remotely resembling a greenish hue, I allow the grass to grow longer than I would in the UK or even Tennessee.....unfortunately Tropical snakes and long grass are not a good combination...... especially when wearing flip-flops.

Lost my train of thought there....Driller, Mad, snakes and long grass?......never mind, I'm sure it will come back to me.

(a) he was part of the self-appointed lynch mob that went after Vlad (not sure if you had been on here very long at the time?).....don't get me wrong, we all go off a bit half-cocked at times, and Vlad was no exception....I publicly stated so on this forum, and also sent Vlad a couple of PMs warning him that some of his posts risked the wrath of the regulars on here...and seemed OTT......then, one night, he completely lost the plot (IMO, there was a hefty dose of goading involved)....Adios Vladus.

(b) Driller likes to see himself as a bit of a forum vigilante, and has stated so on here, not only on matters of Forum Decorum, but also on Political inaccuracies where he apparently is smarter and better informed that the Western Media, yawn, he is a curious mix of Robin Hood, Joan of Arc and Attila the Hun

(c) once he had gotten rid of the "numero uno problemo", as he saw it, his attention switched to you and over the next few months made insinuations and allegations to that effect....you and I both knew that you were not Vlad but Driller carried on, even after Swale stepped in to try to inform him.....you may not call it "hounding" if you like but it is just a question of terminology.

I live about 12 miles outside the tropics....daytime temps rarely ever dip below 20 degrees, even on Xmas day....summers here are 30-36 and to keep the grounds even remotely resembling a greenish hue, I allow the grass to grow longer than I would in the UK or even Tennessee.....unfortunately Tropical snakes and long grass are not a good combination...... especially when wearing flip-flops.

Lost my train of thought there....Driller, Mad, snakes and long grass?......never mind, I'm sure it will come back to me.
    I still remember the " right I am calling it " from Driller , pissed me of big time that . He didn't know who I was . After years of reading this board I decided to join and I must admit sometimes I was like a bull at a gate (and still am ).Driller , not to keen but there are more I dislike on here .None more so than Big Fat Pie who as recently referred to England as " we " and "us" , give me a break , he wanted to burn the flag down the Lane
    Last edited by navypie; 01-07-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Snake in the grass hey, well if you want you can call me 'el serpiente' which I think has quite a nice ring to it, and will save you the job of thinking of a witty/imaginative nickname which if past efforts are anything to go by is never going to happen.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast