+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Why on earth take any risks? We were thru ennyrooard so laikin the big boys against Belgium would've been naive to say the least. Why risk the chance of injuries or yellow cards? Just supposing he laiked Harry Kane last night, he coulda been clobbered or done a hamstring and ends up missing rest of tournament. The world cups top scorer out of the tournament by playing in a match that was dead rubber. Bleeding press and supporters would've crucified Southgate.

I was disappointed to lose but it made perfect sense to rest the 1st team last night. Onwards and upwards
    Just disappointed to lose pass and personally feel a bit of momentum went with it .

I understand your points and yes if we'd lost Kane it would be a catastrophe .

That said the morning after the tournament really begins , you get one shot at it or your going home and it's a different mindset .

Let The Lion Roar

Personally thought the difference between two greatly changed teams was Belgium played to a plan and generally stuck with it but we seemed to struggle with continuity. That said no real harm done.
    Fellani a real underrated player for me and what I would describe as a dog of a player (not very pretty but effective).

Thought last night showed us Southgate has got his first eleven about right. No pressure applied to some who have started slowly, Sterling and young most notably. Thought dier and delph were poor rose too. Others just ordinary. We’re atill in it though.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We got to the semi final in 1990 too .
    Your right Animal Bobby's team did
    So I will re-phrase: If we make the Semi final it’s the Joint 2nd most successful team and Manager ever!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Why on earth take any risks? We were thru ennyrooard so laikin the big boys against Belgium would've been naive to say the least. Why risk the chance of injuries or yellow cards? Just supposing he laiked Harry Kane last night, he coulda been clobbered or done a hamstring and ends up missing rest of tournament. The world cups top scorer out of the tournament by playing in a match that was dead rubber. Bleeding press and supporters would've crucified Southgate.
    I was disappointed to lose but it made perfect sense to rest the 1st team last night. Onwards and upwards
    Theres arguments both ways here Pass, and I understand the idea of not wanting to risk our 'best' in a so called dead rubber match. But for me this was pathetic that Southgate made so many changes, why take the risk of upsetting our winning mentality and that momentum we obviously had. And who is to say its an easier route now that we've avoided the Brazilian half of the draw!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12