+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England Tonight

England Tonight

Looked like Big Sam had gotten his old job back to me.
    Sideways,Sideways,Back
    Sideways,Sideways, Long Ball Forward.
    Sideways,Sideways, Back.

The team England played against Belgium was easily dealt with by an organised team and made them 2nd best all game

Nothing I understand about making 8 changes to a young side still looking to form a greater understanding and cohesion .

To be fair to Southgate he's got most things right since he got the job so we will see how it pans out .

That said we do have an easier route to progress on paper at least if we can get past the Colombian's next tuesday .

Got top weight on with Colombia in my opinion and we will need everyone bang at it to progress .

Let The Lion Roar

Although from closer range wasn't that Belgian goal so Hammillesque?

Nice to see England back, dont know who we have been watching in other two games fancy dans playing football, tackling ,passing forward shooting using speed not like tonight square balls backward balls long balls the old England is back load of balls

Southgate would not admit it but we played to finnish second. If we played to win the team would have been different or the 'Better' players would have been brought on. I cant understand why he chose to not keep the same team, and get them fired up to feel invincible. I hope this plan doesnt go like our season went.

Got it spot on for me! Gave the 2nd string some leg time whilst resting the first team!
    Everyone still talks about 1966, but this is the only time England have gone past the quarter final stage!
    If we make the Semi final it’s the 2nd most successful team and Manager ever and it is now a realistic opportunity and with what i’ve Seen so far we have a massive chance of playing Brazil in the final? Anything can happen then!
    We can then build on this new found success for future competitions and be a realistic force in world football.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Got it spot on for me! Gave the 2nd string some leg time whilst resting the first team!
    Everyone still talks about 1966, but this is the only time England have gone past the quarter final stage!
    If we make the Semi final it’s the 2nd most successful team and Manager ever and it is now a realistic opportunity and with what i’ve Seen so far we have a massive chance of playing Brazil in the final? Anything can happen then!
    We can then build on this new found success for future competitions and be a realistic force in world football.
    We got to the semi final in 1990 too .

Why on earth take any risks? We were thru ennyrooard so laikin the big boys against Belgium would've been naive to say the least. Why risk the chance of injuries or yellow cards? Just supposing he laiked Harry Kane last night, he coulda been clobbered or done a hamstring and ends up missing rest of tournament. The world cups top scorer out of the tournament by playing in a match that was dead rubber. Bleeding press and supporters would've crucified Southgate.

I was disappointed to lose but it made perfect sense to rest the 1st team last night. Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Why on earth take any risks? We were thru ennyrooard so laikin the big boys against Belgium would've been naive to say the least. Why risk the chance of injuries or yellow cards? Just supposing he laiked Harry Kane last night, he coulda been clobbered or done a hamstring and ends up missing rest of tournament. The world cups top scorer out of the tournament by playing in a match that was dead rubber. Bleeding press and supporters would've crucified Southgate.

I was disappointed to lose but it made perfect sense to rest the 1st team last night. Onwards and upwards

Totally agree with that P&M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast