+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: so who thinks we will have a stronger squad next season

so who thinks we will have a stronger squad next season

with rafa willing to let mbemba,merhino ,ritchie,mitro go

who thinks he has the contacts to bring in replacements for these and improve the squad from last season

possibly gayle will be gone as well

leaves us with really no one of any quality other than maybe shelvey and the captain

keep them all and add 2-3 plaers with the 30-40 mill he will get and surely thats the better idea

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

who thinks he has the contacts to bring in replacements for these and improve the squad from last season

leaves us with really no one of any quality other than maybe shelvey and the captain

keep them all and add 2-3 plaers with the 30-40 mill he will get and surely thats the better idea
    Agreed, better to keep them and add some quality to the squad if we are to progress,however we don't know what financial constraints Rafa is under.

It all depends on how honest the Fat Man is with his declarations of what is really on the table in net terms for Rafa to rebuild.

40 mill

2-3 players with that
    Improved squad

4 out 6-7 in
    New squad no unity

Aye.Come on Rafa.The state of the club is all down to you.Get your finger out mate.Your in charge of everything from top to bottom.The 11 years of sh1te we have had to endure,the endless transfer windows that have passed with nobody and if anybody the dross coming through the door is down to you.
    Even though you have been here 3 years it's all down to you.I am starting to think you are only here to enhance your other interests away from football.
    The negativity towards cup competitions is all down to you.The court case with Keegan when Ashley was proved to be a liar,down to you.
    There we have it.I have just written a load of sh1te but let's be honest I didn't start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Aye.Come on Rafa.The state of the club is all down to you.Get your finger out mate.Your in charge of everything from top to bottom.The 11 years of sh1te we have had to endure,the endless transfer windows that have passed with nobody and if anybody the dross coming through the door is down to you.
    Even though you have been here 3 years it's all down to you.I am starting to think you are only here to enhance your other interests away from football.
    The negativity towards cup competitions is all down to you.The court case with Keegan when Ashley was proved to be a liar,down to you.
    There we have it.I have just written a load of sh1te but let's be honest I didn't start it.
    I think you need to replace the word, "Rafa" with the word, "Ashley" or am I reading this wrong ?

Trying to be sarcastic Cannylad.

Ha Ha, that's what I thought after I posted. Nice one.

I do.

3 of the 4 players you mention aren't first choice...so it looks like you do too.

Considering Mbemba was hardly played and also Mitrovic rarely played, plus half a season from Merino, I'd say any additions could only be a strength, assuming he buys to actually use.

I'd still prefer to keep all of those players but it's pointless if Mbemba, Mitro and Merino are just going to spend most of the season festering.

I think we'll end up stronger in terms of actual usage of players, because there's some that will step up their game...like Atsu and Murphy and maybe even Aarons, etc.

It's all pie in the sky at the minute until we actually see what's on the horizon and how things are set out once the windows slams shut.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)