+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated films

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey I like this thread...

Goodfellas, that film is as over rated as they come!.
    Wash your mouth out....

I really like Heat. It was the first film I watched on my new surround sound system, the shoot out scene was immense. Can't really think what sub-plots you mean I found it pretty straight forward. I am a fan of Michael Mann films, Collateral, Miami Vice and the Insider especially.

More recent films seem to be getting way too much hype. I know it's down to publicity these days but nothing worse than being let down by a film that's supposed to be the dogs b*llocks. For me I'd say deadpool - people seem to love it, Suicide Squad and 12 strong.

Going back a bit though I'd say Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Wash your mouth out....
    Ok matey, Ive done that, and Goodfellas is still over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I really like Heat. It was the first film I watched on my new surround sound system, the shoot out scene was immense. Can't really think what sub-plots you mean I found it pretty straight forward. I am a fan of Michael Mann films, Collateral, Miami Vice and the Insider especially.

More recent films seem to be getting way too much hype. I know it's down to publicity these days but nothing worse than being let down by a film that's supposed to be the dogs b*llocks. For me I'd say deadpool - people seem to love it, Suicide Squad and 12 strong.

Going back a bit though I'd say Avatar.
    One of the sub plots is DeNiro being a medal collector and then meeting the burd. Absolute nonsense. It's been added in for no reason. Next thing they are planning on moving to Europe together? Bullshit. Get yourself sorted out Mondo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    One of the sub plots is DeNiro being a medal collector and then meeting the burd. Absolute nonsense. It's been added in for no reason. Next thing they are planning on moving to Europe together? Bullshit. Get yourself sorted out Mondo.
    He's researching exotic metals in preparation for the next job. Love can strike at any time.

If we're talking about Bobby De Niro here... surely Midnight run (in 1988) has to be one of his best ever films, doesn't it ?.

Last edited by Acido; 29-06-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Every one since they started doing them in colour.

Donnie Darko

Absolute cack

Sully. The pilot was a hero no doubt about it but **** me what a boring hoor of a film telling the story

There will be blood is another highly overrated film. Won 2 Oscars and had to be the most mundane and boring film i have ever had to sit through. Daniel Day Lewis is an excellent actor, but the movie dragged on forever.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast