+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated films

Overrated films

For me it has to be Heat.

Heat is a mess. It's all over the place and sub plots added randomly. A total waste of a potentially great film.

I'd also throw in the Lord of the Rings as it's three films that had ending after ending. It just seemed to be a noisy waste of time. The Green Mile is also pish.

Ghost

Why do women love it

Its f@cking bollox

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ghost

Why do women love it

Its f@cking bollox
    I was avoiding the obvious ones like Ghost and Dirty Dancing. Woman have no taste when it comes to things that tap into their naturally romantic side.

I will be very controversial because i know these films are ranked high in many peoples opinions, but ...

Apocalypse Now ... couldnt stand it. Didnt see what the fuss about in all honesty and despite it looking very realistic, it just didnt flow for me. Turned it off half way through.

Usual Suspects : Good film, but saw the Keyser Soze thing a mile away. Didnt live up to the hype for me.

Star Wars (all of them) : Im a bit of sci-fi geek in all honesty, but this franchise has never ever done it for me. For sake of one of my best friends who is a Star Wars fanatic, i tried to watch each one of them and can honestly say i didnt enjoy one of them. Sorry Star Wars fans!

Usual Suspects is overrated imo as well. I didn't care who Keyser Soze was.

Apocolyose Now is probably my favourite film of all time. I usually get annoyed about little continuity errors, slightly bad acting and plot holes (the chance meetings in North by Northwest) but I can't find any. It has everything that a film should have. The build up to meeting Kurtz is set up perfectly.

The Untouchables. Absolute horse sh1t of a film.

12 Monkeys is absolute pish.

I liked the Usual Suspects but Gabriel Byrnes acting in it is the worst performance by any actor anywhere.

Last film I watched that I thought was truly horrendous was Les Misérables. Hate musicals anyway but that was relentless. Shut the f*ck up eh?

The Untouchables is cheesy but I like it. Especially the opening music (the orb sampled a bit of it) by Ennio Morricone

Mason, burds films don't count as being overrated.

I hate the batman films with Christian Bale. That dark & dingey it could be filmed in Dundee & I don’t have a f*cking clue what anyone is saying.

Not a patch on the Michael Keaton films

Little Fluffy Clouds is a great tune

I will add Pulp Fiction to the overrated pile. I like the film, dont get me wrong, but it doesnt live up to all the hype. The basement gimp scene with Bruce Willis was completely f*cked up and didnt add anything to the movie at all.

My fav movie has to be Goodfella's, so i dont want to hear anyone say its overrated, capiche?
    Last edited by Stupie82; 29-06-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast