+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Overrated films

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I hate you Frambo
    Predator was partly genuine but after that I couldn't help myself.

I struggle to think of a Coen brothers film that I actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Verninator View Post
    Utter boll*cks my good man
    Predator - Fantastic film
    Die Hard - One of the best action movies ever made
    Yep, I certainly agree with that.
    Die hard just gets better each time you watch it, and great credit to Alan Rickman as the memorable baddie.

Scarface

Great cast but utterly ridiculous acting and storylines at times.

"I like you Tony, there is no lying in you"

Scarface all style over substance but enjoyable nonsense .

I'm going for fecking forest gump and every John Hughes film with the bratpack in particular St Elmos Fire and the Breakfast Club. Just googled him and realised he was not responsible for St Elmos Fire which is the worst of that genre by a country mile

Heres a Watch Mojo top 10 countdown, of their choice of 'overrated' films. As usual though this is always down to our own opinions, and just because something appears on one of these good or bad lists, it doesnt make it fact!.

Pretty much anything peddled by Hollywood as 'worthy' ends up being preachy b*llocks. Hard to stomach anything produced by these sleaze balls as holding any kind of moral authority these days.

I watched a movie called 'Captain Fantastic' with Viggo Mortenson which was the biggest heap of self parodic, pseudo profound faux indie twaddle I have ever seen. You would struggle to write a better parody of the kind of solipsistic guff shat out by navel gazing liberal Hollywood.

The Hunger Games trilogy.

There is always an issue when turning books into films, sometimes it works and other times is doesnt. While i actually thought the movies were okay, they werent true to the books, nor where they anywhere near as good as the books. The character development was non-existent and the protagonist was cast completely wrong. While i love Jennifer Lawrence, she didnt make a good Katniss Everdeen at all, nor did Josh Hutherson as Peeta. They got Effie and Snow about right, but the movies lacked all the excitement and tension that the books had.

They turned the last book into a two part movie, which they often tend to do and while this would be good if they actually used that time to tell the actual f*cking story, they just used it to string out their basic vision of the books and just try and make some cash with some big explosions and dramatic acting. It could have all been so much better.

I hear so many book reading fans say that Stupie, that some or most things don't translate well from book to film. I like a lot of Stephen King's stories but there arent many good ones as 'films' are there, for whatever reasons.

Star Wars, watched about 5 minutes a good few years ago and just couldnt get into it, saying that gotta say the new Planet of the Apes films are tremendous.

Goodfellas for me too. Got that rammed down my throat, being forced to laugh at the “funny” scene with Joe Pesci etc. Both Pesci and Liottta are annoying in it in the same way they usually are.

Haven’t seen Amelie but imagine that would be pretty pish compared to the hype.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast