+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodbye Steady-Eddie

Sad to see such a loyal pro leave

... you're not Snobhead 1 for nothing EP!
    Eddie - the consummate professional with the ability to read the defensive game; hence the number of last ditch goal line clearances.
    Every success in what you do next ... unless you are silly enough to cross the water to the T.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... you're not Snobhead 1 for nothing EP!
    Eddie - the consummate professional with the ability to read the defensive game; hence the number of last ditch goal line clearances.
    Every success in what you do next ... unless you are silly enough to cross the water to the T.O.S.
    100% agreement with all you say. I'm definitely Snobhead 1, but on to Mr Edwards.

I think we owe a bigger debt to Mike Edwards than we might realise. In the dark days of struggling to preserve league status he stood out as the one player who maybe made the difference between survival and non-league. A real 100% player, just the type I like and I can only send him a big thank you and best wishes for whatever he does in the future. The report on the official site suggests it was his decision to leave rather than the club's. I'm sure he will always receive a really warm welcome at Meadow Lane whenever he returns even if it's for an opposing club.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123