Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Goodbye Steady-Eddie

  1. #1

    Goodbye Steady-Eddie

    Mike Edwards moving on. (Sorry about the spelling if it should be Eddy!)

    Always enjoyed watching him play, always gave it 100% for the club.
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 29-06-2018 at 12:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Great servant to Notts. In fact we owe our continuous Football league presence to the few players like him, who kept us up during those bleak seasons pre-munto.
    Also, a key role in the championship side 2010.
    Seems like he'll stay in the game. Good luck to him, maybe he'll be back one day.

  3. #3
    Thanks to The Phoenix for the many years of service both as a player but also one of those who helped keep the club going through the dark years in that he was always around and fighting for the cause.

    One of the 09/10 title winning players and a solid centre back who could be relied upon time and time again to come up with the goods and even contributing with important goals.

    Throughout countless years of instability and constant change of managers Mike Edwards remained an ever presence. Some managers would come in and he would be out in the cold for a time but would not moan or complain or sulk and just get on with it and he would rise back and make his place in the team. A consummate professional.

    A loyal servant and yes he does deserve to be known as a Notts legend.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Thanks to The Phoenix for the many years of service both as a player but also one of those who helped keep the club going through the dark years in that he was always around and fighting for the cause.

    One of the 09/10 title winning players and a solid centre back who could be relied upon time and time again to come up with the goods and even contributing with important goals.

    Throughout countless years of instability and constant change of managers Mike Edwards remained an ever presence. Some managers would come in and he would be out in the cold for a time but would not moan or complain or sulk and just get on with it and he would rise back and make his place in the team. A consummate professional.

    A loyal servant and yes he does deserve to be known as a Notts legend.
    Nice tribute, MM.
    At his peak around 2010, he was more than a solid centre back. A class act for L2 around then and capable of playing higher up IMO

  5. #5
    Thanks Eddy, one of the best...

    Anyone any idea where he's "moving on to"...Or is it a secret ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Thanks Eddy, one of the best...

    Anyone any idea where he's "moving on to"...Or is it a secret ?

    Duznee say.


    https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...wards-departs/

  7. #7
    End of an era. I doubt we'll see loyalty like his again. Top pro, very decent, reliable player and all round gent.

  8. #8
    Eddy first signed on May 24th, 2004, as a 24 yr old. Worked with 24 permy and caretaker mangers and made 352.4 appearances. He was signed by then manger, Mary Gills who wore the No 24 when he played for Notts. He served the club for 12 years which is not surprisingly, half of 24. Oh the ironing.
    Last edited by countygump; 29-06-2018 at 12:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Good luck Eddy and thanks for all you've done for the club.

  10. #10
    LEGEND! Nuff said.

  11. #11
    Top top man, never gave less than 100%.

  12. #12
    Is Nolan going for his own backroom staff.

  13. #13
    Proper bloke, consummate professional, thanks for your service, you were great.

  14. #14
    Sorry to see you go Mike thanks for your Loyalty and Never Say Die Spirit during your two stays with us.

    Sadly players of your Ilk are few and far between, Top Man Good Luck in your next job.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Is Nolan going for his own backroom staff.
    From the sounds of it, it looks like we wanted him.to stay. I note that when a couple of back room.staff left, there was nothing (like when John Wilson left) but we have a whole thing for Eddy (and rightly so)

  16. #16
    A fantastic example to any young lad coming up in the game, excellent servant to this clubs and others and should always be remembered as a true professional who was also an excellent defender in his day, I hope he finds a new job soon and hope to see him down the lane again in the near future, thanks for everything Eddie.

  17. #17
    A true professional who has been a credit to himself & the club !! I hope that we will get a "proper" chance to show our thanks one day, good luck Eddie.

  18. #18
    Plus, it's generally accepted in most serious, scientific circles that 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, and stunningly enough, that's 24 reversed. Meks yer fink duntit?

  19. #19
    Maximum respect!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Plus, it's generally accepted in most serious, scientific circles that 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, and stunningly enough, that's 24 reversed. Meks yer fink duntit?
    Incredible! I regularly move in serious, scientific circles, and not only was I once 24, but 18 years later I was also 42!!! Spooky or what?

    At least I now know why I have all the answers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •