+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mallan

Mallan

Apparently he's told the club he can't settle in Yorkshire and wants to return to Scotland.Sounds like a bit of a mummies boy to me but if true he's no good for the team if his heart and commitment isn't here Hibs interested but what's betting he joins his former boss at that sh+thole Sunderland that's nearly in sweaty sock land

Hibbs and BFC are in discussions

Such a shame - he’d be a star this season for us! Not surprised he can’t settle, he’s not been playing!
    No doubt we’ll get a few more quad for him & an interest in his future!

If hes refusing to settle or actually can't settle, then either way he can go now as far as Im concerned.
    I agree he could have been better for us in Lg One, but it looks like we're not going to find that out now and theres no point in keeping players who dont want to 'tow the Tykes line'.

I’m pyssed about this player more than anybody else.
    Had he not been hauled off after that massive mistake he would have made amends.
    WE WILL REGRET THIS

If the lad can't settle down here then that's fair enough , I'm certain that there are area's of the country I couldn't possibly settle in .

Just because he's a footballer doesn't make him immune to these things .

I'd suggest after a year down here then clearly it's not going to happen for him .

Best if he goes for both concerned party s .

This is disappointing though Animal, as he/Mallan was one of the first players we signed last year and we were led to believe then that he was absoulte quality etc.
    And I believe he still is, or rather he could be, and thats because we're now down in Lg One of course. But IF he wants away, then its a no brainer and we don't want him anymore, do we ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This is disappointing though Animal, as he/Mallan was one of the first players we signed last year and we were led to believe then that he was absoulte quality etc.
    And I believe he still is, or rather he could be, and thats because we're now down in Lg One of course. But IF he wants away, then its a no brainer and we don't want him anymore, do we ?.
    It is but these are things the spreadsheet doesn't account for , he's human and this is what can happen .

If my work transferred me down south and I left my partner and family up here I wouldn't last two minutes .

I'd been with Laura 6 years just seeing each other alternate weekends between Ponte and Rotherham. I thought it would be easy moving in with her permanently but I felt homesick for quite a while and to a certain extent it still doesn't quite feel like home. However, you put it to one side and adapt. I'm sure we wouldn't be having this discussion had Mallan been a first team regular.

Can't blame Mallan. Hes too good to be gettin splinters in his backside put it that way. If you watched his goals on youtube you'd at least give the guy a run o games. Which we ant, hecky or morais really. Club comes first so if he isn't willing to find a new level of tolerance and stay, then we need offload. To Scotland, NOT a competitor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast