+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stags have been busy

I remember a Stags fan (was it Stagsmanstan?) coming on here about this time last year and telling us how pleased he was with the quality of their signings compared to ours. Impressive signings are only half the battle, getting them to play as a team is the other half. It's hard to say which club has the better squad, but I'd rather have Nolan responsible for organising and motivating them than Flitcroft.

Quote Originally Posted by FRT 87 View Post
    Strange how opinions have changed about Walker from January when he was rumoured to be coming to Meadow lane on loan and everybody was getting very excited of the thought
    Maybe because this is what happened after January

However he featured just five times for the "Trotters" as manager Phil Parkinson instead demoted both Walker and Clough to playing for the youth team.[28]

Anyway, he wasn't rumoured to be coming to Notts in January, so no-one was either excited or unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I remember a Stags fan (was it Stagsmanstan?) coming on here about this time last year and telling us how pleased he was with the quality of their signings compared to ours. Impressive signings are only half the battle, getting them to play as a team is the other half. It's hard to say which club has the better squad, but I'd rather have Nolan responsible for organising and motivating them than Flitcroft.
    Ha ha he wasn't the only one gloating about their amazing squad compared to ours then as soon as we were above them in the league, nothing. Their best signing was the fat man and look how that turned out. Let's see where we both are at seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hello Friends!

Lots has happened since i last come on here. Last season was fantastic. Chesterfield have gone. Hopefully never tp return. Im sure you understand.

Last season was a total waste due to the fat trainwreck leaving us high and dry. Flitcroft really failed but i believe he can do a job with what hes got. Evans was a scattergun wheeler-dealer, never had a settled side and his tactics were questionable. However, we did create a lot of chances but we relied so heavily on rose and hemmings with the midfield barely contributing.

On Hemmings. You've got yourself an industrious hard-working CF who links play very well, but never looked comfortable im front of goal. He got 15 or so last season for us but this was criminally low if you look at what he missed/wasted. If he was better we wouldnt have missed the playoffs such was the magnitude of some of his misses.

Im very happy we have Neal Bishop. Old head who can manage out games if his 36 year old legs haven't gone.

Kahn walker and davies all look to strengthen us when compared to who left us in may.

Elite pie is right. Its 50% squad and 50% management. Im much happier this season from what i now know of evans. Id say that last season we had a better squad but you had a better manager. A team is more than the sum of its part which evans doesnt get. We know that now and i think nolan always knew that. This seasons all to play for again.
    Last edited by StagManStan; 29-06-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Hello Friends!

Lots has happened since i last come on here. Last season was fantastic. Chesterfield have gone. Hopefully never tp return. Im sure you understand.

Last season was a total waste due to the fat trainwreck leaving us high and dry. Flitcroft really failed but i believe he can do a job with what hes got. Evans was a scattergun wheeler-dealer, never had a settled side and his tactics were questionable. However, we did create a lot of chances but we relied so heavily on rose and hemmings with the midfield barely contributing.

On Hemmings. You've got yourself an industrious hard-working CF who links play very well, but never looked comfortable im front of goal. He got 15 or so last season for us but this was criminally low if you look at what he missed/wasted. If he was better we wouldnt have missed the playoffs such was the magnitude of some of his misses.

Im very happy we have Neal Bishop. Old head who can manage out games if his 36 year old legs haven't gone.

Kahn walker and davies all look to strengthen us when compared to who left us in may.

Elite pie is right. Its 50% squad and 50% management. Im much happier this season from what i now know of evans. Id say that last season we had a better squad but you had a better manager. A team is more than the sum of its part which evans doesnt get. We know that now and i think nolan always knew that. This seasons all to play for again.
    Didn't Danny Rose missed chances, meant you missed out on play offs, or did he score with every shot. Hang on he only scored 14 for the season.
    Last edited by Steward; 29-06-2018 at 09:16 PM.

He missed a few but had injuries. Hemmings' misses were generally worse. Please dont be annoyed that i know about kane and what he offers and lacks. He'll come good but wont be amazing.

Anyway, i think mansfield look healthier now than they did with evans who was spending JRs cash like he was allergic to it. Time will tell though.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    He missed a few but had injuries. Hemmings' misses were generally worse. Please dont be annoyed that i know about kane and what he offers and lacks. He'll come good but wont be amazing.

Anyway, i think mansfield look healthier now than they did with evans who was spending JRs cash like he was allergic to it. Time will tell though.
    Fair play to you Stagsmanstan! You've had a busy day today and on paper looks like you've done some good busines - if you don't look at the small print too closely !!

For what it's worth I think your best signing of the close season could be the old warhorse Neil Bishop. If i'd known that O'Connor was going to defect to the Gimps I would have wanted us to have been in the bidding for him, although the way he was treated by a minority of our fans, methinks he would ave probably stuck two fingers up at us ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12