+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally a bleeding signing

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Football is a team game so collectively Plymouth were a better team than Blackpool (possibly).
    Rotherham were better than both..
    Warne is looking at players to improve the squad so it doesn't matter what he pays as long as there better
    If vassell was in our team last season would he have scored more goals or less?.
    If Robertson was in defence would we have conceded less or more goals?
    Agree, think I’ll go and lay down now 😂

It's going to be a tough season without a doubt, and we will soon see if the players old and new are up to it.

I'm just glad we have some sort of plan for a change, with a manager that knows what type of player he wants and what he wants to achieve with them.

We've had too many headless chicken performances in the past from our managers.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    You should emigrate to Iceland.
    Did you go to the 1-0 home victory Vs Blackpool?
    They had a number of very good player and I thought they were very unlucky to lose.
    We now have two of their very good players, there was no transfer fee and probably not on daft wages.
    I just checked and Vassell didn't play in that game due to a hamstring injury.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    He had a few niggling injury's last season one he picked up Vs us at Blackpool. Vs us at NYS Blackpool offered little from the strikers, they were very organised n hard working and everything good going forward was through jay spearing...
    On that day he (spearing) looked a class above anything else on the pitch

TBH even signing Championship players we'd struggle.

Must be the best quality division we've ever played in I'd say, the coming season.

TBH even signing Championship players we'd struggle.

Must be the best quality division we've ever played in I'd say, the coming season.
    Even if we signed ranaldo messi and Kane you’d still say we will struggle.

Personally I don’t think we will I think if any team will struggle it will be Bolton or Ipswich

Three teams to go down though.

Even if Aston Villa go into admin and get a deduction they should still be good enough to stay up so don't think that will save us.

Three teams to go down though.

Even if Aston Villa go into admin and get a deduction they should still be good enough to stay up so don't think that will save us.
    I’m not gonna count any team out however championship is unpredictable and we are doing better business than we did last time we went up add that to teams struggling to stay in the league Birmingham Ipswich Bolton with teams we have been playing in league 1 Blackburn and Wigan add them to teams who have a lot of aging players who won’t like our new young lads who puked in Austria team and I’m fairly confident we have nothing to worry about.

Oh and if you think I’m always like this no I’m not when Evans brought in old players in like green I was screaming at tv and blackstock I was fuming too.

So long as we don’t lower the standard we are in for some good times

There's a lot of crap players earning big money in the Championship. Players we need to treat with a very long barge pole.

Cherrypicking in league 1 is a much sounder plan

Good job then otherwise we might not have won.
    You,RE a good judge of player with your Graham Carey suggestion though.
    I would imagine half the cship would like to sign him.

I really hope we push the boat out and get a quality midfielder who can influence a match. Jody Morris. , vadis Ofoe Carl Robinson spring to mind and this could make or break our season.
    It would almost certainly have to be a loan and us paying part of his wages.
    Not sure this player would be Richie Towell

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast