+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Liam Noble gone??

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Good move all round. We couldn't really incorporate him into the team second time around and frankly he didn't look the same player. Frees up some budget to sign another midfielt with qualities that complement the squad. With are missing a midfield general and a box to boxer.
    That fat bloke in midfield for Mansfailed looked decent , The one that looked like he was the son of Steve Evans , he could be worth a shout ..??

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    That fat bloke in midfield for Mansfailed looked decent , The one that looked like he was the son of Steve Evans , he could be worth a shout ..??
    Please Pedro, slightly rounded . Remember the world we live in.

Strange one all round. He was half decent but half mad the first time we had him. Scored quite a few goals and showed a lot of potential. But the second spell he seemed to have lost his touch, rarely looking like scoring and not the creative force we hoped for in midfield. He has clearly learned from his mad spell with us, but the result is a player who looks terrified of getting booked.

I don't think we'll miss him too much, but the cumulative effect of losing him, O'Connor and Milsom will certainly hurt us - unless we sign an experienced, first-team-ready CM in the next few weeks. And even then, what if 'new midfielder' and Hewitt get injured?

I'm thinking 'we need an experienced central midfielder!' will become the new 'we need an experienced central defender! / striker who can score!'

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Strange one all round. He was half decent but half mad the first time we had him. Scored quite a few goals and showed a lot of potential. But the second spell he seemed to have lost his touch, rarely looking like scoring and not the creative force we hoped for in midfield. He has clearly learned from his mad spell with us, but the result is a player who looks terrified of getting booked.

I don't think we'll miss him too much, but the cumulative effect of losing him, O'Connor and Milsom will certainly hurt us - unless we sign an experienced, first-team-ready CM in the next few weeks. And even then, what if 'new midfielder' and Hewitt get injured?

I'm thinking 'we need an experienced central midfielder!' will become the new 'we need an experienced central defender! / striker who can score!'
    Are we really going to miss any of them at all ? Milsom played a few games start of the season.Noble did feck all when he played in the New Year & O'Connor played a few minutes at the very end of the season so,not very influential really.What we need is a Phil Turner type player.

For my sins I live in Hartlepool

After 2 years of nearly going down the pan, constant winding up orders etc. they now have some decent owners on board.

so probably a good move for Hartlepool and part of their 3 year plan. I'm sure Jeff Stelling will be happy, as he's stuck in quite a bit of his own cash.

I am really hoping Husin can step us this season, he looks like a fantastic technically gifted player but he only got cameo appearances last season in a team playing hoofball. Sounds like both Hardy and Nolan rate him very highly, it's just for me whether he can play in a 4 man midfield and not a 5, at least the message is the intention this season is to play a bit more attractive football which he would fit into.

Bye

BoBilly hope you have turned the corner. Hartlepool has close family association with me and many happy memories. It was my first ever football match that I went to as well. Hope Nobby can lead you back to the FL.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345