+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Noble gone??

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Timing might have been better if it had happened before we let O'Connor go.
    We didn't let O'Connor go he was out of contract and turned down three contract offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good news in my opinion.
    All good news IMO, 1 decent game in every 12, thank you and good riddance.

Noble might do for Hartlepool what he did for FGR and get them back into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Noble might do for Hartlepool what he did for FGR and get them back into the league.
    That central midfield is getting weaker by the week not that I think noble was the answer.

Will always associate Noble with failure, from from the relegation season to the f00k up last season, I could never see what he offered.

Found his level again for next season.

Good move all round. We couldn't really incorporate him into the team second time around and frankly he didn't look the same player. Frees up some budget to sign another midfielt with qualities that complement the squad. With are missing a midfield general and a box to boxer.

That’s my thoughts and perhaps it will work out well for both Liam Noble and Hartlepool. They get FGR’s former captain at that level who was instrumental in helping them get them get promoted to the football league, and he will likely be a happier player if he’s nearer to home, plus at a lower level he will be a bigger player than maybe in a league Two side if that makes sense.

I think it’s a strange time instead of at the end of the season, but maybe it’s something he’s had chance to think about over the summer and has returned back to training and tell the club. Let’s face it he could have rode it out for a season and been miserable or his heart not in it, so at least he has been honest and straight which for me means he has a dignified departure.

It also leaves us with time to find a replacement because with O’Connor leaving and whilst these new players maybe good enough we do need some experience in the centre of midfield. I don’t see a Bishop or Ravenhill type or someone who will command midfield in the squad at the moment. However I’ve not seen any of the new players in action.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    All good news IMO, 1 decent game in every 12, thank you and good riddance.
    Played 21 games for us last season and I only saw him have a decent game in 1 , Mansfield .

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    That’s my thoughts and perhaps it will work out well for both Liam Noble and Hartlepool. They get FGR’s former captain at that level who was instrumental in helping them get them get promoted to the football league, and he will likely be a happier player if he’s nearer to home, plus at a lower level he will be a bigger player than maybe in a league Two side if that makes sense.

I think it’s a strange time instead of at the end of the season, but maybe it’s something he’s had chance to think about over the summer and has returned back to training and tell the club. Let’s face it he could have rode it out for a season and been miserable or his heart not in it, so at least he has been honest and straight which for me means he has a dignified departure.

It also leaves us with time to find a replacement because with O’Connor leaving and whilst these new players maybe good enough we do need some experience in the centre of midfield. I don’t see a Bishop or Ravenhill type or someone who will command midfield in the squad at the moment. However I’ve not seen any of the new players in action.
    Yeah, lets us use O'Connor and Noble's wages to get a proper beast of a centre midfielder

We didn't let O'Connor go he was out of contract and turned down three contract offers.
    Yes I know but had we known Noble won't be here the contract offers might have been different.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast