+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Liam Noble gone??

Thanks for your application Liam noble
    Good luck to you..
    NEXT

WOW - that's come as a bolt from the blue!!

Our midfield now looks significantly weaker than last season.

I really hope we have some decent replacements lined up i.e. not the usual NCFC bargain-bin journey men, that we have a habit of signing, as the season approaches...

Excuse me while I put my toys back in the pram and begin taping together the two halves of my torn season ticket ...

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/...e-dotted-51563
    Last edited by pravda_plc; 30-06-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Nolan on the park next season?

Thanks for all the effort Liam and good luck at Hartlepool, now KN I cant believe I'm saying this but a midfielder needed, do you guys think we have enough at the club already or a good experienced midfielder is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Thanks for all the effort Liam and good luck at Hartlepool, now KN I cant believe I'm saying this but a midfielder needed, do you guys think we have enough at the club already or a good experienced midfielder is needed?

"A winger has been our priority and with Michael O’Connor having left the club to join Lincoln City, we would also like a central midfielder with experience.

The manager believes that an older head, who has had a wonderful career, will help the younger players flourish - which is important given we have some exciting talent within the squad".

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-hardy-1731979

What a welcome change this is from the plague of posts on NCM that read along the lines of: "Oh NO, not another centre-midfield signing" !!

I bleddy hope we have got centre-midfield players lined up because as it stands we've got a threadbare midfield, with little or no cover.

Hewitt who runs and tackles all day - maybe Kellett is a similar type of player? Husin, who has skill but is light-weight and doesn't tackle much and then the 2 'unknown' kids, Patching and Crawford. Yeah, maybe one of them will come good but in this league every side that figures in the promotion mix, has an experienced midfield general. Somebody who can control the game, run, tackle and pick a pass. You know somebody like a FIT Michael O'Connor...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Yeah, lets us use O'Connor and Noble's wages to get a proper beast of a centre midfielder
    Good thinking. If we're going to give a chance to Patching, Crawford, Kellett, and let Husin & Hewitt get forward we don't need a replacement for Noble. We need a replacement for O'Connor.

Noble was unbelievably bad at the end of last season. Mystery slump in form and confidence, he was one of the better players under Derry and Moniz

His second spell at Notts never seemed to get going. Perhaps the long wait between being signed and being able to play had an adverse effect.

Let’s remember the positives - two outstanding goals at Huddersfield in the League Cup and a belter of a free kick which won a home game with Luton.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    His second spell at Notts never seemed to get going. Perhaps the long wait between being signed and being able to play had an adverse effect.

Let’s remember the positives - two outstanding goals at Huddersfield in the League Cup and a belter of a free kick which won a home game with Luton.
    ... and don't forget his man of the match performances away at FGR and at home against the Stags.

'an older head, who has had a wonderful career, will help the younger players flourish'

KN polishing his boots even as I write!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast