Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Liam Noble gone??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,939

    Liam Noble gone??

    Contract terminated "by mutual consent"


    Notts County FC

    Verified account

    @Official_NCFC
    Following Following @Official_NCFC
    More
    �� | We have parted company with Liam Noble after the midfielder expressed a wish to move closer to home

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Contract terminated "by mutual consent"


    Notts County FC

    Verified account

    @Official_NCFC
    Following Following @Official_NCFC
    More
    �� | We have parted company with Liam Noble after the midfielder expressed a wish to move closer to home
    Fair enough. More money to spend on a real quality midfielder's salary.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,939
    Liam noble Retweeted

    Hartlepool United FC

    Verified account

    @Official_HUFC
    8m8 minutes ago
    More
    BREAKING: #Pools have this morning completed the signing of experienced midfielder Liam Noble.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,296
    To Hartlepool apparently , wants to be closer to home ( that old chestnut ) .I'm not sorry to see him go but the timing seems strange.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,120
    Not sure itís that strange. Squad returned yesterday and maybe he wanted to be man enough to have a conversation face to face.
    Frees up some more budget, however, we have lost far too much experience in the centre of midfield, this and the winger is something that has to be addressed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,077
    Surely this is good news, given how low people's opinion was of him. Good job we didn't pay £100K for him in the end.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    To Hartlepool apparently , wants to be closer to home ( that old chestnut ) .I'm not sorry to see him go but the timing seems strange.
    Timing might have been better if it had happened before we let O'Connor go.

  8. #8
    He was terrified of putting in a tackle in case he got a red, can't have that in a midfielder. Fair play tonhop though, he has very much restrained himself and he's learning, perhaps he restrained himself to much that he lost that edge? Good player on his day but I think it's probably for the best he's gone

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not sure it’s that strange. Squad returned yesterday and maybe he wanted to be man enough to have a conversation face to face.
    Frees up some more budget, however, we have lost far too much experience in the centre of midfield, this and the winger is something that has to be addressed.
    You don't think it's strange , I do . Hopefully it's got something to do with this mystery player .Yates ??????? , yes please!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    23,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Surely this is good news, given how low people's opinion was of him. Good job we didn't pay £100K for him in the end.
    Good news in my opinion.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Timing might have been better if it had happened before we let O'Connor go.
    We didn't let O'Connor go he was out of contract and turned down three contract offers.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    21,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good news in my opinion.
    All good news IMO, 1 decent game in every 12, thank you and good riddance.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,776
    Noble might do for Hartlepool what he did for FGR and get them back into the league.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Noble might do for Hartlepool what he did for FGR and get them back into the league.
    That central midfield is getting weaker by the week not that I think noble was the answer.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,088
    Will always associate Noble with failure, from from the relegation season to the f00k up last season, I could never see what he offered.

    Found his level again for next season.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    136
    Good move all round. We couldn't really incorporate him into the team second time around and frankly he didn't look the same player. Frees up some budget to sign another midfielt with qualities that complement the squad. With are missing a midfield general and a box to boxer.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Noble might do for Hartlepool what he did for FGR and get them back into the league.
    Thatís my thoughts and perhaps it will work out well for both Liam Noble and Hartlepool. They get FGRís former captain at that level who was instrumental in helping them get them get promoted to the football league, and he will likely be a happier player if heís nearer to home, plus at a lower level he will be a bigger player than maybe in a league Two side if that makes sense.

    I think itís a strange time instead of at the end of the season, but maybe itís something heís had chance to think about over the summer and has returned back to training and tell the club. Letís face it he could have rode it out for a season and been miserable or his heart not in it, so at least he has been honest and straight which for me means he has a dignified departure.

    It also leaves us with time to find a replacement because with OíConnor leaving and whilst these new players maybe good enough we do need some experience in the centre of midfield. I donít see a Bishop or Ravenhill type or someone who will command midfield in the squad at the moment. However Iíve not seen any of the new players in action.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    All good news IMO, 1 decent game in every 12, thank you and good riddance.
    Played 21 games for us last season and I only saw him have a decent game in 1 , Mansfield .

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Thatís my thoughts and perhaps it will work out well for both Liam Noble and Hartlepool. They get FGRís former captain at that level who was instrumental in helping them get them get promoted to the football league, and he will likely be a happier player if heís nearer to home, plus at a lower level he will be a bigger player than maybe in a league Two side if that makes sense.

    I think itís a strange time instead of at the end of the season, but maybe itís something heís had chance to think about over the summer and has returned back to training and tell the club. Letís face it he could have rode it out for a season and been miserable or his heart not in it, so at least he has been honest and straight which for me means he has a dignified departure.

    It also leaves us with time to find a replacement because with OíConnor leaving and whilst these new players maybe good enough we do need some experience in the centre of midfield. I donít see a Bishop or Ravenhill type or someone who will command midfield in the squad at the moment. However Iíve not seen any of the new players in action.
    Yeah, lets us use O'Connor and Noble's wages to get a proper beast of a centre midfielder

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    We didn't let O'Connor go he was out of contract and turned down three contract offers.
    Yes I know but had we known Noble won't be here the contract offers might have been different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •