+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uruguay

I see the prospect of disappointment as well to be honest, they've looked useful.

It will definitely be the first proper test for our first choice team, hope Sterling isn't in.

Columbia have looked useful? They were dreadful against Senegal. Played ok with 10 men v Japan and played OK v Poland. I wouldn’t describe any of the performances useful. Columbia like England need to improve if they want to go deep into the tournament. If both teams maintain the form of the Group stages England WILL win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Columbia have looked useful? They were dreadful against Senegal. Played ok with 10 men v Japan and played OK v Poland. I wouldn’t describe any of the performances useful. Columbia like England need to improve if they want to go deep into the tournament. If both teams maintain the form of the Group stages England WILL win this game.
    Sincerely hope so.

That's not really true. Columbia were fantastic against Poland, and they did what they had to do against Senegal, who are also decent. We beat two very poor teams and then lost to the first half decent one we played. Admittedly that was due to selecting squad players, but I don't think we should have done that, so it's not a valid excuse.

Beating Columbia is 50/50. That's also reflected by the World standings, England 12th, Columbia 16th. It could go either way. Having a dodgy keeper won't help.

England will beat Columbia and go on to lift the World Cup. COME ON ENGLAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That's not really true. Columbia were fantastic against Poland, and they did what they had to do against Senegal, who are also decent. We beat two very poor teams and then lost to the first half decent one we played. Admittedly that was due to selecting squad players, but I don't think we should have done that, so it's not a valid excuse.

Beating Columbia is 50/50. That's also reflected by the World standings, England 12th, Columbia 16th. It could go either way. Having a dodgy keeper won't help.
    A fair summary IMHO

Got to agree with Bo here, Columbia were good against Poland, our defence is our weak point and they carved them up in that game. If Rodriguez was fully fit I'd put it at 50\50 but him being out makes it
    60\40 to us. Still falcoa will be busting a nut to score against England after his time here and I think cuarado won't have too much trouble against young. Our attacking play though is excellent so far and I think this will carry the day. 3-1 to England.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Got to agree with Bo here, Columbia were good against Poland, our defence is our weak point and they carved them up in that game. If Rodriguez was fully fit I'd put it at 50\50 but him being out makes it
    60\40 to us. Still falcoa will be busting a nut to score against England after his time here and I think cuarado won't have too much trouble against young. Our attacking play though is excellent so far and I think this will carry the day. 3-1 to England.
    Agree with all of this Crazy, as a neutral I have really enjoyed watching England so far (apart from the reserve team against Belgium) I think you guys will go far and with Kane and Ali terrorizing the Colombian defense then I think you guys will have too much for them, Rodriguez has been playing the whole tournament with an injury so lets hope he has no impact on your game. I wish you guys all the best

Cheers Irish, as long as they give a good account of themselves I'll be happy as think this tournament will be good experience for them. It's actually nice not having big expectations like usual, let's just see what happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12